Viewer GWT Integration

Hi,

We are evaluating to integrate GroupDocs Viewer into our OSGI GWT application. What is the best way to implement the integration? I.e. communication from the viewer JS with our OSGI Backend.

I downloaded the Sample from https://github.com/groupdocs-total/groupdocs-viewer-java-web-sample, but it seems that the sample is not compatible with the latest Version (3.2.2). Is there any article or sample which could help me evaluating the gwt integration?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks for posting your query.
Please download GroupDocs.Viewer for Java showcase project from GroupDocs.Viewer official repository. This sample project will certainly mentor you in integrating GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.2.2 in your project.
You can learn more about the front end project from Showcase Documentation. Furthermore, Technical Overview, this article will explain back-end working of the project, how actions and methods are invoked.

Best Wishes

Hi Atir,

Thank you for your links. I cannot use Spring MVC in our Application directly. When I understand the resources correctly, I have to implement every call as an extra servlet and handle the Object marshalling on my own. When I take the old viewer for java web code as a reference that would be 19 servlets. I also have concerns regarding future software updates if the communication layer between your client and backend components is custom written. Is there a more simply way to integrate groupDocs Viewer without coding that much? I.e. is there a way to generate the html pages in the backend (GroupDocs.Viewer.Examples) and load pages with a single rest URL? Or is it possible to generate the pages with the viewer in backend and only add the whole html code to our application?

To better understand our needs, our use case is to display a blob(docx,xlsx mostly) from the database in an html view.

Regards,

Martin

Hi Martin,

That showcase project developed in Spring MVC framework is just a demonstration. The best thing about GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.x is, it is a back-end API that is totally UI/Framework independent. Hence, it can be integrated in any preferred Java framework with full control.
As you have seen/implemented the simplest way to render any (supported formatted) document in HTML in our UI-Less examples. You can write your own front end viewer to load rendered HTML pages.
You may find Working with HTML View of the Document article helpful regarding document back-end rendering to HTML.

Best Wishes