Viewer version 3.0 .NET

Hi, we are evaluating the new version (3.0) of Viewer.
Can you provide an example using ASP.NET using the Legacy Front End?
We downloaded the examples from GitHub , but we found only a project in Mvc.

Thank you

Hi Gian,

Thank you for showing your interest in the GroupDocs.Viewer 3.0,

Legacy Front End is an MVC project. Here we are also providing New Front End which is the best example to use Groupdocs.Viewer with HTML5,Jquery and C#. Model layer has been written in the same way as the Business layers are usually written by the programmers.

Please visit here to see and download the New Front End.

Thanks in advance

The issues you have found earlier (filed as VIEWERNET-478) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by groupdocs.notifier.

Ok. We read that on 10th March you’ll release a new version of the new front-end. This front-end will have the functionalities of zoom, search, rotate and thumbnails? We are using these functionalies with the old version and we want to keep them.

If the new front-end doesn’t have these functionalies, there’s a way to use the old legacy front-end on an Asp.Net project?

Thank you

Hi, we tried to use the new Viewer version (3.3.0) in a .net MVC project that also use your Comparison library. We found out these problems:

• While the reference of Comparison is added to the project, the methods of new viewer throw an exception while generating HTML. Probably they refer to different versions of Aspose.Pdf library and this is a problem.
Thoses other problems were founded after remove the Comparison reference (but it’s not a suitable option):
  • The eml and msg files doesn’t show the attachments after the message page, as it does the legacy viewer (2..);
  • The xls files threw an exception while getting html pages, the exception text doesn’t give any other useful information;
  • We used the legacy interface for viewer but the zoom and rotation events seems to not be managed.
  • The stream method for generating the html gives an error. Please give us a working example…
  • Some pdf generated by MS Word has some problem with viewing
Please give us some answer for this problems because them implies some nuisance for us…

Thanks!

Gianluca

Hi Gian,

Thank you for your response.

We are trying to develop Legacy front end using ASP.net Web forms. Hopefully this sample project would be beneficial for ASP.net WebForm developers.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Warm Regards

Hi Gian,

Thanks for coming back to us.

The issues you mentioned are related to GroupDocs.Comparison API. Therefore, please create a new post in GroupDocs.Comparison Forum and provide the details there.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards

gianboscolo:
Hi, we tried to use the new Viewer version (3.3.0) in a .net MVC project that also use your Comparison library. We found out these problems:
  • While the reference of Comparison is added to the project, the methods of new viewer throw an exception while generating HTML. Probably they refer to different versions of Aspose.Pdf library and this is a problem.
Thoses other problems were founded after remove the Comparison reference (but it's not a suitable option):
  • The eml and msg files doesn't show the attachments after the message page, as it does the legacy viewer (2.*.*);
  • The xls files threw an exception while getting html pages, the exception text doesn't give any other useful information;
  • We used the legacy interface for viewer but the zoom and rotation events seems to not be managed.
  • The stream method for generating the html gives an error. Please give us a working example..
  • Some pdf generated by MS Word has some problem with viewing
Please give us some answer for this problems because them implies some nuisance for us..

Thanks!

Gianluca

Hi Gianluca,

Thanks for your cooperation.

Regarding GroupDocs.Viewer API, please give us some more details. As you said that some problems occur after removing GroupDocs.Comparison reference, are you interested to use GroupDocs.Viewer front end features without using GroupDocs.Comparison features? If yes, then you can try our GroupDocs.Viewer sample front end applications and check whether your issues are resolved or not.

We shall be waiting for your response.

Best Regards

Hi, we’re testing the legacy front-end for webforms (asp.net).

We’re using html handler and we want to allow rotation. How can we achieve this behavior?

Also we want to use Local IIS, what we have to modify on the project?

Thank you.

Hi,

i opened a post on the Comparison forum but, as i said, the other problems i mentioned were raised after i remove the compare library from our project…

Thanks

Gianluca

Hi,

in our project we integrated both viewer and comparison in our project, with some problem but at the the end it works. By now, we wanna use the new viewer backend to avoid all of the problems linked to the legacy version, but mantaining the comparison functionalities. Trying to integrate it, it raises that probably thoses two references cannot be at the same moment referenced in the same project because the new viewer raises an exception while generating the html of a document. Removing the comparison reference (that is not accaptable by us because this means remove functionalities from our site) the generation of html by the new viewer works good.

Please try in a project to include both references and see what happens, many thanks

Gianluca

Hello Gian,

Thank you for giving a try to WebForm Front End.

Currently rotation feature is not supported in “web form front end” but we have logged new feature request in our Issue Tracking System. Our development team will look into this requested feature. Once there is any further update, you will be updated via this forum thread.

As far as IIS is concerned you just have to change application path in default.aspx like following line.

Note: Just change localhost:11462 to localhost in the above line.

Thank you

I don’t know why on this post and the previous there’s not my user as the writer but i’m gianboscolo!

Thanks

Hi Gianluca,

Thanks for providing the details.

As I can see that your application mainly depends upon GroupDocs.Comparison API therefore I am moving this thread to GroupDocs.Comparison Forum. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards

Ok.

We’re trying also to use the method “GetPages” passing Stream, but we get an exception with message: “Specified method is not supported.”. We’re doing something wrong?
We also get the js error that you can see on the attachment just before displaying the file (if we don’t use Stream, but the uri of file) using IE11.

Can you answer to these questions?

Thank you
aradhanadave:
I don't know why on this post and the previous there's not my user as the writer but i'm gianboscolo!
Thanks

Hi again,

We apologize for inconvenience.

We have a separate forum for these kind of issues faced by the users. Please create a new post in GroupDocs.Portal forum and mention your issue there. We shall look into it and resolve it.

Best Regards

Hi Gianluca ,

As per our understanding you are facing issues while integrating GroupDocs.Viewer API and GroupDocs.Comparison API in a single one project.

We suggest please download this GroupDocs.Comparison example with Legacy Viewer MVC application which is running features from Next Generation GroupDocs.Viewer API and GroupDocs.Comaprison API.

We hope you will get most of the solutions from this source code.

Example source code: https://github.com/groupdocs-comparison/GroupDocs.Comparison-for-.NET

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Hello Gian,

Thank you for writing to us,

Actually here is need to know that how you are using the stream into the project. Can you provide us the source code of your project. This thing will help us to identify the error more closely.

Warm Regards.

Hi,

many thanks for the example, i’ll try this later! Now i’m opening a new post on viewer forum for the remaining errors not related to comparison library!

Gianluca

Yes, this is the piece of code:

private static ViewerHtmlHandler _htmlHandler;
Stream byteStream; // Stream by our function
var htmlOptions = new HtmlOptions { IsResourcesEmbedded = true };
_htmlHandler.GetPages(byteStream, “fileName”, htmlOptions) -> here comes the error described in the previous post.

But in particular, we don’t know how pass to accomplish this:

var docInfo = _htmlHandler.GetDocumentInfo(new DocumentInfoOptions(request.Path));
result.documentDescription = new FileDataJsonSerializer(docInfo.Pages, new FileDataOptions()).Serialize(false);
result.docType = docInfo.DocumentType;
result.fileType = docInfo.FileType;

We don’t have a path in this case!

If you can provide an example of how to use viewer with Stream…

Thank you