Viewing PDF with Chinese content loses some text in .NET

Hello,Recently I have a problem when I use GroupDocs.Viewer 19.8.1 for Java to view a pdf with Chinese.,the source file is 03.pdf (93.3 KB)
but the view result is like this image.png (46.9 KB)
How can I resolve the problem,thank you very much

1 Like

@leonpivot

This issue is reproduced at our end. Thus, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID VIEWERJAVA-2302. In case of any further update, you’ll be notified.

Hello,I notice the issue status is resolved,
How can I resolve my problem?Thank you very much!

@leonpivot

This issue is resolved in API version 20.7 and the release is expected by month end. As it gets on-board, you’ll be notified.

1 Like

@atirtahir3 Thank you!
There is a pdf with similar problem. The source file is xcl.pdf (57.3 KB),
view result is image.png (43.6 KB),
Can it also be resolved in 20.7?

@leonpivot

Yes, the issue will be fixed for xcl.pdf.

@leonpivot

You reported issue VIEWERJAVA-2302 is now partially fixed in version 20.7. When you convert the source document (PDF) to HTML, you will get right output.
As far as rendering PDF to image (JPG or PNG) is concerned, we are investigating that scenario with ID VIEWERJAVA-2304. You will be notified as there’s any further update on this ticket.

1 Like

@atirtahir3 Thank you!

1 Like

@leonpivot

You’re welcome.

@leonpivot

GroupDocs.Viewer for Java v21.4 that includes fix for this issue has been published. You can find the new version at

At the moment Viewer can’t find suitable font as a substitution for a missing font so the default replacement font should be specified as it shown in the code snippet:

PngViewOptions viewOptions = new PngViewOptions();
viewOptions.setDefaultFontName("Arial Unicode MS");

Viewer viewer = new Viewer("xcl.pdf");
viewer.view(viewOptions);
viewer.close(); 

Have a nice day!