Visio files does not load on html mode

Hello guys,

I am having this issue from the version 3.5 and I hoped that this issue would have been fixed for the 3.6 but I’m still having the same problem.

If I select a Visio (*.vsd) file and I set the viewer as useHtmlBasedEngine: true the file is rasterized correctly into the temp folder but the page is never displayed and the loading icon stays forever.

As soon as you change the system to useHtmlBasedEngine: false the document is rendered perfectly.

To test the app I’m using the solution that you provide as an example (ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End) just using a real valid license.

Are they certain files types that can be rendered in Image Mode and not on HTML mode?

Thanks a lot.

Hi Borja,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

In order to investigate your issue, can you please provide us the the problematic Visio file? This will help us to reproduce your issue at our end. We shall be waiting for your response.

Warm Regards

Hello guys, thanks for answering.

In HTML mode I did not manage to make it work with any Visio file, but I attach you one of them for example.

Thanks a lot.

Hi Borja,

Thanks for your explanation and providing us the problematic file.

We shall investigate the issue and we’ll inform you via this forum thread in the case of any further progress/update.

Best Regards

Hi Borja,

Thanks for your cooperation.

We have successfully reproduced your reported issue at our end. The issue is not related to back-end API but there is some problem in the front end application (ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End) that is blocking the rendered HTML file to be visible on the screen. Therefore, we have logged it as a bug in GitHub issues. As soon as we have any updates, we’ll notify you here. You can also follow below link for further updates. https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/81.

Have a nice day.

Warm Regards

Any progress on this side please?

Hi Borja,

Currently, we don’t have any updates related to your reported issue. However, as soon as we have any updates, we’ll notify you here.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Warm Regards

Hi Borja,

Your reported issue, logged in GitHub issues as https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/81, has been fixed. Please download the latest ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End application.

Warm Regards

Hi guys thanks for that.

Could someone point out exactly which files/files has been modified to fix the error, because I will have to replicate them in my solution as well.

Would that be possible?

Thanks a lot.

Hi there,

Yes, you can replace following files to incorporate the changes in your project.

• installableViewer.js
  • GroupdocsViewer.all.js
  • Index.cshtml

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards