Want to extract text from GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 2.17.0 (DLLs only)

if (document_file_browser.DefaultExt == ".docx"|| document_file_browser.DefaultExt == ".doc")
{
Groupdocs.Engine.Documents.WordsDocument word_document = new Groupdocs.Engine.Documents.WordsDocument();

word_document.Open(file);

string other = word_document.TextExtractor.ToString();
try
{
Groupdocs.Engine.Documents.Extractors.WordsTextExtractor document_text = (Groupdocs.Engine.Documents.Extractors.WordsTextExtractor)word_document.TextExtractor;
Text = document_text.Extract();

}
catch (Exception)
{
}
}

Is this possible, please let me know i want to purchase this dll

Hello,

Thank you for the request. Unfortunately this approach incorrect because these classes are only for inner use of the library and they will be closed. We will create api method which will allow to get the text from the document in the next version of the library.

Please stay tuned and we will notify you when this method will be available. Also you can monitor status of this ticket - it’s attached to your post.

Best regards.

Hello,

Is it possible to provide us customized version for us ?

(if there are customization charges please let me know)

Because i am able to extract text from document files using GroupDocView dll.

Thank You.

Regards,
Alan.

Hi Alan,

Yes we know that with current version this possible in way as you do. In my previous post I have mentioned that in the next version this approach will be not possible, instead of it we will add new special method for text extracting.

Best regards.

Hello,

Can you tell when the next version will be released ?

Thank You.

Regards,
Alan.

Hi again,

According on our support policy I can’t share any date but I can only say that it will be in the end of the next month.

Best regards.

Hello,

One question - could you please say where you will need extracted text on the server side or on the client side (in the browser via Viewer widget code)?

Thank you.

Hello,

I am using dot net (windows application)(stand alone)(reference your SDK in that), so is it possible to customize and provide this feature to me, including aspose SDK as your SDK internally uses Aspose.Cell for documents, Apose.Cell of excel etc for conversion, and also provide us discount on this,

Please i need this.

Thank You.

Regards,
Alan.
Hello Alan,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Our Product team has implemented this feature in the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 2.18.0 version. Now you can use extracting text from different formats of documents. Please download new version of library and check this method :

using Groupdocs.Component.Api;

DocumentTextExtractor textExtractor = new DocumentTextExtractor(@"d:\temp\candy.pdf");
string s = textExtractor.GetDocumentText();

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

--------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+