When highlighting multi-line but not whole line automatically highlights the whole two lines

Hi Team,

Can you give the customer an update on this issue please.

Many thanks

John

Hi,

The next generation libraries are released and the issue is fixed.

Best regards.

Thanks, Pavel for the update.

Do you mind checking on a couple of issues we have had and let us know if this is fixed in the latest release?

http://groupdocs.com https://forum.aspose.com/t/4277

Thanks.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Pavel,

I run the sample code from the latest release. It looks like it is not fixed yet.

Please see attached screenshot on what I am observing. This has been the same behavior from previous version. Selecting multiple lines select the whole line instead of the intended selection.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for raising this issue.

The concerned team is investigating the root cause of the issue. We’ll soon update you with our findings.

Kind Regards

Hi Leo,

Our team has investigated the issue and the issue is successfully raised.

The root cause is the rectangular bounds which is formed upon multiple line selection. When the text annotation is going to be created, the selection tool creates a rectangular area which covers all the selected area. Therefore, I have created a request ticket to the concerned team. You will be updated through this forum thread in the case of further update.

Please note that in GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET 3.0.0 is a UI-Less back end API. Also,its UI Example project has become open sourced and published at github.com.

Hence, the developers can also contribute to the UI Example through one of the following ways:

1. Find an issue or an idea of new feature – fix it and submit a pull request.
  2. Find an issue or an idea of new feature – create an issue in the Github. In this case, GroupDocs Support Team will look on it.

Every effort by the developers/customers would be appreciated.

Many thanks.

Hi Leo,

We are glad to inform you that we have improved GroupDocs.Annotation Open Source Front-end. Hopefully all issues raised by you are resolved

Kindly download updated front-end from this link and feel free to contact us if you have any further query.

Thank you for your cooperation and wait.

Warm Regards

Thanks, Muhammad.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Mihammad,

I checked the latest but it does not seemed to have fixed the accuracy of the multi-line document. It is still highlighting all the lines as indicated in my previous comment. Also, see the videocast to show yo uthe behavior.

It does seemed to properly select the text on a single line up to the end though.

Please use the attached document for your replication step.

Thanks.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for trying GroupDocs.Annotation updated open source Front-End.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issue. We have tried it and unable to reproduce multi line selection issue as its working fine at our end. Your attached file is not in correct format as GroupDocs.Annotation API support PDF file format in current version, we have created a test PDF file using text you added in sample file and used in our open source front-end.

Please see the open source front-end in action video link.

Attached is the sample PDF file we used.

We suggest you must clear browser cache and use the latest source code from our GiHub repository and try again with PDF file.

Warm Regards,

Thanks, Muhammad.

Let me try it out.

I could not attach a word doc so I converted it to text. Thanks for converting it to PDF?

By the way, will this work even on Word? We currently only enabled our release to use Word.

I will let you know what I find.

Thanks.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for update, we will look forward for your findings, Please see the details about supported documents and features GroupDocs.Annotation API.

Warm Regards,

Hi Muhammad,

I am confirming that it is now fixed!

But I notice that I can’t export to Word anymore. The DocumentType enum is only enabling PDF, Excel, and PowerPoint.

Do you have plans to release the export to Word?

Thanks.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Regarding export to word we will look into this matter and we will update you here soon.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Thank you, Muhammad.

We appreciate it.

Looking forward.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Muhammad,

I got the latest Annotation release (3.1) and I was able to export in Word.

But it appears that the comments are not being exported. Using the sample application from GitHub, I updated the exported using this code:

public string Export(long documentId, string fileId, long userId)
{
// using (Stream inputDoc = _annotator.GetPdfFile(fileId).Stream)
using (Stream inputDoc = _annotator.GetFile(fileId).Stream)
{
var resultStream = _annotator.ExportAnnotationsToDocument(documentId, inputDoc, DocumentType.Words, userId);
var fileName = string.Format("{0}WithComments{1}.{2}",
Path.GetFileNameWithoutExtension(fileId),
DateTime.UtcNow.ToString(“yyyy-MM-dd HH-mm-ss”),
“docx”);
string tempFilePath = Path.Combine(storagePath + “//Temp”, fileName);
try
{
using (var fs = new FileStream(tempFilePath, FileMode.Create))
{
resultStream.Position = 0;
resultStream.CopyTo(fs);
}
}
catch (Exception e)
{
throw new AnnotatorException(“Failed to save output file to the storage.”);
}
            <span style="color:#569cd6;">return</span> <span style="color:lightblue;">Path</span><span style="color:#b4b4b4;">.</span><span style="color:cyan;">Combine</span>(<span style="color:#d69d85;">"Temp"</span>, fileName);
        }

Hi Leo,

We will look into this in detail and will share our findings with you here.

Have a great weekend.
Warm Regards,

Hi Leo,

We have verified GroupDocs.Annotation for words and found exported annotation have missing comments. I am creating Ticket for this issue on our issue tracking system. Once we get any update from product team we will notify you here.

Warm Regards,

Thanks, Muhammad.

And while your team is on this issue, please do include the ability to also export the reply to comments. Previous version does not include the reply.

Also, I found that when highlighting a sentence, it automatically includes the trailing spaces. As a result, when I use the text replace, the text replaced does not have the spaces anymore. I think it would be best for the UI to not automatically select the trailing spaces.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for sharing your findings. Product team is also working on this issue.
Regarding trailing spaces in GroupDocs.Annotation Open Source Front-end, we will investigate on this and we will share our findings with you soon.

We appreciate your cooperation.

Warm Regards,