When is it possible to select text

Hi

One of our customers is complaining that they can not select text (not with an annotation tool) to copy from the AnnotationsViewer to, for example, Word. When we investigated the matter we see that in an older version of our CMS (i.e. with an older dll from you) it is possible but does not seem possible now. As far as I can see there is no relevant permission setting for that.

Can you tell me if this is possible and if it is what controls whether the feature is enabled or not.

Best regards
Robert Badi

Hello Robert,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. To be able to select and copy text you should use property .EnableTextSelection(true) in the widget. We have checked it and all works fine for us.

Also please share with us which version of the library do you use and example of the widget code that you use.

If we understand you correct you use GroupDocs.Annotation library for .NET in your project which based on the CMS - which CMS do you use?

Thank you.

Hello Pavel

Thank you! EnableTextSelection worked like a charm. However I would like to point out that this property is missing on the documentation page that I had checked before posting. :slight_smile:

I use library version 1.8.0.11198 of Groupdocs.Web.Annotation.dll.

I think a may have caused a misunderstanding with using the acronym CMS. I was meaning the Case Management System we develop but you probably thought I meant a Content Management System. We are not using a content management system. :slight_smile: I’ll be more careful with that acronym from now on.

Thanks for you help.

Robert Badi

Hello Robert,

I glad to hear that the issue is resolved. Yes, I misunderstand you and thank you for clarification.

Thank you.