When printing the print dialog appears twice and prints more than the document

In GroupDocs Annotations the print dialog is occurring twice. Also, it is printing more than the document that has been loaded. It is printing some of the surrounding controls. What is going on? I just turned printing on and have not done anything else.

Thanks,

Jim Adams

Hello Jim,

We are sorry to hear that you have this issue. We need more details in order to investigate and reproduce the issue. Please tell us:
1. Which version of GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET are you using? Is this the new 1.7.0 or a bit older 1.6.0? Or other?
2. What project type are you using? Is it WebForms or MVC?
3. Which browser are you using?
4. Can you share a source code of the Annotation widget? (“… Groupdocs().Annotation().ElementId( …”)?
5. Please describe the statement about “It is printing some of the surrounding controls”. Can you provide a screenshot?

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ANNOTATION-887) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by groupdocs.notifier.

I am no longer getting items from outside the viewer. However, still getting multiple print dialog boxes. If I print from each of the dialogs the first one prints a page with just about:blank at the bottom of the page and the other one prints the actual document. (IE 10) When I use Firefox I get the get the print dialog box and then I get the dialog box that states “Prevent this page from creating additional dialogs”. The page does print the document. However, if I try to do it again nothing happens when I click on the button. How to I get only the print dialog to show once and only print the document in the viewer.

Thanks,

Jim

I updated the annotations dll and the database schema in SQL Server.

Hello Jim,

Thank you for the clarification. We were able to reproduce the issue. At this moment our developers are investigating the error. When it will be fixed, we will notify you in this forum thread.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello Jim,

The issue with multiple print dialog boxes and empty pages is fixed in the GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET version 1.7.0.10910. The link on this library was sent to your email.

This version also contains a new functionality: ability to select and copy text content from the document. In order to allow this feature you need to use the “.EnableTextSelection(true)” method.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.