Why no ViewInfoOptions.forPdfView() method?

I am converting documents to PDF and implementing pagination to reduce the response time in a client server application.
I couldn’t find any API to get total number of pages of the output document as available from ViewInfoOptions.forHtmlView() method. Without knowing total number of pages I can’t implement pagination. Is there any way to get the document info for PDF output?

@shiva.k

We have considered rendering to PDF as a feature for printing a document. In case you’re using PDF to display it we can add ViewInfoOptions.forPdfView() in the future versions of GroupDocs.Viewer. As a temporary workaround you can use the following code to get page count in the output PDF document

PngViewOptions viewOptions = new PngViewOptions();
 viewOptions.setExtractText(true);
 ViewInfoOptions viewInfoOptions = ViewInfoOptions.fromPngViewOptions(viewOptions);
 Viewer viewer = new Viewer(filename);
 ViewInfo viewInfo = viewer.getViewInfo(viewInfoOptions);
 viewer.close();

System.out.println("Pages count in PDF: " + viewInfo.getPages().size());

when you set viewOptions.setExtractText(true); the document is rendered to PDF, so the number of pages is actually a number of pages in a PDF document.

@shiva.k
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): VIEWERJAVA-3078

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Thank you for quick response, it worked.

@shiva.k

You’re welcome!