Word table is not converted correctly

Hi!

How can I influence the conversion of word tables to PDF? The “Word - Original table” shows the orginal table with “-system” on the new line and “PDF - Converterd table” shows the converted table with "-system on the same line which should also be on the new line.

Word - Original table.png (4.6 KB)
PDF - Converterd table.png (6.2 KB)

Thanks for your help!

Regards
Sascha

@Sascha2

Please share source/problematic Word file with us. Also specify the API version that you are using and the sample conversion code. We’ll then investigate this scenario.

Problem occures with version 23.4.0. We were not able to run the latest version yet due to other issues. You can find the problematic word file and the source code (.zip) as follows. This version of source code was used to run 22.7.0 and has not changed for version 23.4.0. I can contact our SW partner if you need further information.

#190 Word Table.docx (78.1 KB)
#190 Word Table.pdf (89.6 KB)
DocumentToPdfConversion.zip (5.5 KB)

@Sascha2

Could you please review this screenshot.png (93.5 KB)? While MS Word displays the word in a single line, Libre Office splits it into two lines. Which Word viewer do you prefer to use?

@atir.tahir
Just realized, this probably has something to do with the “Protected Mode” view. #190 Word Table.docx opens in “Protected Mode” view after downloading looking like #190 Word Table - Protected View.png (25.5 KB). After enabling editing it looks like #190 Word Table - After Enabling Editing.png (34.1 KB) what i want it to look like. I assume your converter opens it in the “Protected Mode” view.

1 Like

@Sascha2

This situation appears a bit unusual. Upon reviewing this screenshot.png (56.6 KB), it’s evident that when the Word file is opened in Libre Office’s read mode, the word appears to be split into a new line. However, in MS Word, when the document is opened in edit mode, the word remains in a single line.

@atir.tahir
I try to summarize the facts:

• #190 Word Table - After Enabling Editing.png is how I originally had edited the table. I do not understand why your Word App shows it differently
  • changing from protected to editing shows the same effect as converting the Word to PDF with groupdocs.converter
  • the width of the first column line changes and causes the split of “Managementsystem” from 1 to 2 lines
  • The Libre Office read mode seems to almost work correctly. Only the “-” is missing on the first line.

Does the groupdoc.converter possibly load the Word document like the “protected view” and then create the PDF based on that formatting? That could possibly be an explanation for my understanding.

If you like, we can set up a short online meeting this afternoon or tomorrow.

@Sascha2
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6257

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Perfect, great work! Is there a way of checking with which release this issue will be fixed? Have a good day and thank you so far.

@Sascha2

Please note that all free support tickets are assisted on a first-come, first-served basis. However, you can escalate the issue by availing priority support. Currently, this issue is under investigation. We will notify you in case of any progress updates.

@Sascha2

Since you have installed Word Hyphenation feature that’s why you see the word “system” on new line? Please see these screenshots.zip (47.5 KB). Without Word Hyphenation feature, it appears on a single line.

@atir.tahir

You are right. After disabling the hyphenation feature the word “system” appears one one line and the column of the table gets wider. I do expect the groupdocs conversion to be able to handle the hyphenation feature of MS Word. Is there a pssiblity of configuring the conversion or is that a new feature? Thanks!

1 Like

We will explore the feasibility of achieving this through the Conversion API.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-6257) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov