Word With Table- Viewing problem

Hi, when we try to view a word document that contains table, document turns into a string and we cant view it normally.
Problem does not happen when we run our app on local. But when it runs on server we get this problem at the image
image.png (45.3 KB)

You can access the sample document from here


Thank you for sharing the example. Can you please share what version of GroupDocs.Viewer version you’re using?

 Angular package version    "@groupdocs.examples.angular/viewer": "0.8.105",

and .net Nuget version is : 23.6.0


Thank you for sharing the package version. I have failed to reproduce this issue alone with GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 23.6 which renders the document without issues.

After checking the Network tab in developer tools I have found that the output pages are pre-processed on the server side so only <body></body> contents is sent to the client see network-tab.png (192.1 KB).

The fix could be the following:

  1. Search for <body> in your codebase.
  2. Remove a code that handled extracting <body> contents and return the complete HTML document without modifications.

Please let us know if it works for you.

I think data we received from LoadDocumentDescription is corrupted.
When we look deeper we can see there is a get content method :
image.png (6.4 KB)

This brings normal HTML data when we are on local windows PC ,
But when it comes from server we receive this:
image.png (3.0 KB)

As you can see characters are coded like "\uFEFF\u003C " .Probably its related to character codings. Do you have any advice?


Can you check what value has Data variable from the first snip?

image.png (16.2 KB)

I belive you are asking this. Or should I send the byte array?


Thank you, can you please also share what version of GroupDocs.Viewer you’re using. Which OS you’re running the app.

Also, please share the file one more time as the link seems to be expired.

Here is the new link for the file :

Bimser Synergy

angular groupdocs package is latest.


Thanks, what OS you’re running the app on?

Serverside is linux . My lcoal is windows
but we have same encoding decoding problem on local.

For example:
I send getViewerLink request including download url via postman to my local viewer app .
Getting that response and viewing that document on local works fine.

But when I look into browsers network , the page data returned by the LoadDocumentDescription response is like this:
image.png (12.8 KB)

Same data, viewson on local normally, but not on the production environment


The issue with encoded characters may be resolved by using JavaScriptEncoder.UnsafeRelaxedJsonEscaping encoder instead of default one.

In case you’re using GroupDocs.Viewer.UI you can update roupDocs.Viewer.UI.SelfHost.Api to 6.0.23 where I have updated the encoder in this this commit.

<PackageReference Include="GroupDocs.Viewer.UI.SelfHost.Api" Version="6.0.23" />

Unfortunately, this change can’t fix the issue with table since <head> that is stripped from the response contains styles for the table.

Thanks . I will try and let you know the result


You’re welcome. Please let us know about the results.

Problem fixed .


You’re welcome! Thank you for the feedback!