Annotation 1.8.1 problems

Hello,

We implemented viewer and annotation to our document management system but we found some problems after implementing.

1-) When we open annotation there is a summary section on the right side of page. In that section there is an empty space in the bottom. Is annotation use there for something? We couldnt find it. If annotation doesnt use that space, it’ll be good if you can remove it. You can see it from attachments(1.png)

2-) When open annotation there is a toolbar for making annotations but its doesnt fit to screen. Its height is too long. When we click to it for change its position in page, it suddenly goes up and we cant move it again. If can we make it as two columns or three columns it’ll be perfect. You can see this problem from 3.png and 4.png. 3.png is stands for annotation initial state and 4.png is stands for after we try to change toolbar position

3-) There is no scroll bar in comments section. You can see it from 2.png

4-) There is a small bug(i guess) in text replacement tool and watermark tool. When you choose one of them and try to make annotation. You have hold mouse’s right click pressed for writing texts. When you release mouse button i think they loses their focus and that why you cant write

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. From the screenshots we can assume that you use custom style for the Annotation. Since that you can have such style distortion. Please share with us example of your project (if possible) that we can check it and found out reason of the issue (is it in your project or in our library).

Also please specify next:

1. Version of the GroupDocs libraries that you use.
2. Browser and it’s version.
3. .NET Framework version.

Thank you.

Hello,

Unfortunately we have reproduced only the issue with styles. Annotating issue - can’t reproduce , all works well for us.

Since that we need your example project.

Thank you.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ANNOTATION-1106;ANNOTATION-1107) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by GroupDocsNotifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ANNOTATION-1106;ANNOTATION-1107) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by GroupDocs Notifier.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as ANNOTATION-1134) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by GroupDocsNotifier.

Hello,

Yes we use custom style for annotation and viewer but i get same errors while using default style too. If you check 1.png and 2.png they are default style. If you want i can control them again with default style. We just changed icons and colors nothing more.

Also we use GroupDocs.Viewer 2.12.0 and Annotation 1.8.1
Latest chrome(43.0.2357.134 m) and firefox(39.0)
and .Net 4.0

Hello,

I cant send you sample code because now viewer and annotation embeded in our project and i cant send it. If i try to make a example project that exactly same like this, i have to do lot of things. If is there a chance to make contact with team viewer or something like that i can show you, it’ll save me lots of time and i’ll be appreciate.

Thank you,

Hello,

I downloaded new version and i tried but still there is no scroll bar in comments. I’m sending example project could you check it? I use your demo project but only changing annotation dll.

You can download demo from here

Hello,

Thank you for the information. Yes, we have reproduced your issue. We will resolve it soon and then notify you with the solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello,

Thank you for coming back. In such case could you please describe your project - we need to know how you have integrated the Annotation (since you don’t have it in the project). If possible will be very helpful if you share the integration code or provide step by step guide for how to reproduce the issue number 4.

Btw as for the toolbar panel position - you can disable annotation tools which you will not use. For example: Screenshot by Lightshot and here you will be able to select which tools will be available. When you disable unnecessary tools the height of the toolbar will be changed.

Thank you.

Hi,

Thank you for the notification. We will check it again and then come back to you with the results.

Thank you for help. I’m wating your notification.

Did you reproduced all?

Kind regards,

Hello,

I create annotation with this parameters;

Control ph = this.Page.FindControl(“phViewerScripts”);
ph.Controls.Clear();
ph.Controls.Add(new LiteralControl(new WidgetFactory().AnnotationScripts().UseHttpHandlers(true).ToString()));
        <span style="color:blue;">var</span> annotate = <span style="color:blue;">new</span> <span style="color:#2b91af;">WidgetFactory</span>().Annotation()
            .Stream(stream, filename)
            .AccessRights(<span style="color:#2b91af;">AnnotationReviewerRights</span>.All)
            .AnyToolSelection(<span style="color:blue;">false</span>)
            .ClickableAnnotations(<span style="color:blue;">false</span>)
            .ElementId(<span style="color:#a31515;">"divHTML5ViewerContainer"</span>)
            .EnableRightClickMenu(<span style="color:blue;">false</span>)<span style="color:green;">// default browser sağ tık menüsü açıyor. Sabit false değeri olacak.</span>
            .EnableSidePanel(<span style="color:blue;">false</span>)
            .EnableTabNavigation(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>)
            .EnableTextSelection(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>)
            .EnableTooltips(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>)
            .EnableUndo(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>)
            .OpenThumbnails(<span style="color:blue;">false</span>)
            .PreloadPageCount(1)
            .PrinterSetup(<span style="color:#2b91af;">PrintViewComponents</span>.All)
            .SaveReplyOnFocusLoss(<span style="color:blue;">false</span>)
            .ScrollOnFocus(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>)
            .ShowFileExplorer(<span style="color:blue;">false</span>)<span style="color:green;">//default false</span>
            .ShowHeader(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>)
            .ShowPaging(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>)
            .ShowPrint(<span style="color:blue;">false</span>)
            .ShowThumbnails(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>)
            .ShowToolbar(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>)
            .ShowZoom(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>);

<span style="color:blue;">if</span> (ZoomMode.Equals(<span style="color:#a31515;">"FitToWidth"</span>, <span style="color:#2b91af;">StringComparison</span>.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase))
        {
            annotate.ZoomToFitWidth(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>);
        }
        <span style="color:blue;">else</span>
        {
            annotate.ZoomToFitHeight(<span style="color:blue;">true</span>);
        }

annotate.Locale(<span style="color:#a31515;">"en-US</span><span style="color:#a31515;">"</span>);

container.InnerHtml = annotate.ToHtmlString();</pre>After load i choose Replacement tool or watermark tool. I select area for them. After that i do not click anywhere and do not press any button from keyboard. I try write something but i cant write until i click again text area and keep mouse click pressed. If i release mouse button again i cant write.<br><br>About toolbar position, its okay for me i can close some of tools but There will be customers of ours who dont want to close any of tools. What can i say to them? If i can show toolbar as two or three columns, it'll be really good. And i think there is a high chance, there will be another people who think like me, want to show all tools as two or three columns.<br>

Hi,

Thank you for the code example. We have tried to reproduce these issues with your code - all works well, we can write in the text replacement and watermark tools.

Lets make a TM session and I will check it on your side. When you will be ready for connect share the credentials.

Thank you.

Hello,

You said TM session. I dont know that,

Team Viewer id: 438 778 173
Team Viewer pass: 395gvq

Hi,

Thank you and if you are ready I will connect.

Best regards.

Hi,

Just to save the results of TM session - the issue is browser related and only happens in FireFox browser.

As I said I will create a bug ticket for it and our product team will add it to our fix queue. When the fix will be available we will notify you here.

Hello,

I’ve test the fixed issues with Annotation 1.9.0 and Viewer 2.15.1 but they are not fixed unfortunately. Watermark tool and text replacement tool still has lost focus issue with firefox(version 40.0.3). And still there is no scroll bar in annotation panel.

Also we didn’t mention about second problem in my first message.Is it gonna be fixed or whats happen with it?

Hello,

Thank you for your request. We have re-checked this issues and all fixed and works well on our side. Since that please try to clean your solution, manually delete temp data and all cache and then rebuild the solution.

Both issues are fixed.

Best regards.