Ask about the ability to convert to XPS files

We purchased the recommended GroupDocs Viewer license and are currently developing it. We will also provide you with your customer number if necessary. As a new customer requirement, files of all extensions must be converted to XPS files. I would like to ask if there is a function to convert files of all extensions to XPS files.

@dianysus

Thank you for your interest in GroupDocs.Viewer!

GroupDocs.Viewer supports conversion to HTML/PNG/JPEG/PDF formats. Possibly, you’re looking for GroupDocs.Conversion that supports conversion to XPS. See GroupDocs.Conversion Supported Document Formats for more details.

We are developing using GroupDocs.Conversion. Framework 4.6.1 is not available. Can I get Framework 4.5.2?

Android¿ë Outlook ´Ù¿î·Îµå

@dianysus

I have moved your topic to GroupDocs.Conversion category.

We purchased the recommended GroupDocs Viewer license and are currently developing it. We will also provide you with your customer number if necessary. As a new customer requirement, files of all extensions must be converted to XPS files. I would like to ask if there is a function to convert files of all extensions to XPS files.

The code sample did not have the XPS conversion source to handle the types below.^^
ConvertDocxToXps.Run()
ConvertPptxToXps.Run()
ConvertXlsxToXps.Run()

However, I found the code below among the site’s technical documentation.

// Load the source XPS file
using (var converter = new GroupDocs.Conversion.Converter(sOpenName))
{
var options = converter.GetPossibleConversions()[“xps”].ConvertOptions;

converter. Convert(sSaveName, options);
}

By implementing the code, one XPS file was created successfully, but the following error occurs after creation.

“Could not access a file that is closed.”

We are developing in the form of a WCF web service.

Could you please let me know what caused the failure?

@dianysus

Could you please share some source/sample files that you want to convert to XPS?

Do you want to convert other (all file formats) files to XPS or XPS to other file formats (e.g. Word, PDF)?

I kept getting XPS conversion failures so I switched to converting to PDF files. Characters are garbled when converting HTML files to PDF. When converting html files, is there a way to set the character set to euc-kr?

And, there is one more problem.
When converting a Word file to PDF, the following errors occur.
“connot convert. The file is corrupt or damaged”
Excel and ppt files are normally converted to pdf.

@dianysus

In order to further investigate this scenario, we need the source and output files. Could you please share these files and the sample code or application?

Since the original file is a confidential file of the customer, delivery is not possible. We developed the desired function using the sample source.

The function was implemented by setting the HTML rendering Mode to false. If it is true, the original content appears broken and the function is implemented in the form of an image file, but the search function does not work. Is it possible to implement a search function in the form of an image file?

@dianysus

Are you using GroupDocs.Viewer or GroupDocs.Conversion?
Please share the source/sample file and the code as well.

It was developed using GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-WebForms-master downloaded from Git. I only changed the part passing the conversion file and used that source as is.

If necessary, we will also deliver the developed source. Please guide me how to deliver.

@dianysus

Please compress the project in a ZIP and upload here. If there’s any issue, you can upload the ZIP to some cloud storage (e.g. Google drive) and share link here. Please make sure to remove the license file from the project (if there’s any).

@dianysus

Thank you for adding a link to the solution you’re using. We’ll take a look and update you.

@dianysus

Unfortunately, the search feature is not supported when rendering in image mode.

Please give a try to our optimized version of ASP.NET Web Forms Demo.

Can you please share the file you’re rendering so we could test it on our side?

When building the source downloaded from Git, the following error occurs.

‘JsonPropertyAttribute’ 형식이 ‘Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed’ 및 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=13.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed’에 모두 있습니다. GroupDocs.Viewer.AspNetWebForms D:\GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET2\Demos\ASP.NET Web Forms\src\Models\ErrorResponse.cs 10

@dianysus

Try pulling the latest changes, I have updated the reference to Newtonsoft.Json in the latest commit.

We are conducting a speed test using the latest source. When converting a 90MB file, the following error occurs.

“Maximum request length exceeded”

The original file is confidential to the customer and cannot be forwarded.

The size problem was solved by setting maxhttprequest.

License settings are required for accurate testing. Is it possible to apply the current GroupDocs.Total license to the latest source and test it?