Does GroupDocs.Metadata Product family support for heic files

Does GroupDocs.Metadata Product family support for heic files

I am trying to get the image of the .heic files

@surya7ms,

Thanks for exploring GroupDocs.Metadata API and posting your concerns.

HEIC file format is currently not supported by the API. To further investigate the support for HEIC file format, we have logged it in our internal Issue Tracking System as METADATANET-2616. We shall keep you notified in case of any updates.

Furthermore, you can find the complete list of supported file formats here.

@surya7ms,

After further investigation, we have found that it is possible to implement support for HEIC file format in GroupDocs.Metadata API.

It would be great if you could clarify your expectations and usage of the API. If possible, please share specific image samples and detailed explanation of metadata operations you want to perform with them. Furthermore, It would be helpful to know which variant (.NET, Java or Cloud) of GroupDocs.Metadata API you are exploring.

In case you would have any further questions, please feel free to let us know.

sorry for the typo. I was trying to get the metadata for the .heic files.

My input would be a file stream and the expectation from the api is the metadatavalues.

@surya7ms,

Thanks for coming back.

If possible, It would be really helpful, if you could share your sample (.heic) files and metadata values or types of metadata you want to extract, so that we can provide you with the exact solution.

@ali.ahmed, we are using “GroupDocs Viewer” API show images or other docs as Image. File type HEIC is currently not supported for that. Can you please update by when such support be provided.

Thanks

@Test0987654321,

We have created a separate topic against your query in GroupDocs.Viewer Product Family category. Please follow the below-mentioned topic for further updates.