Editor sample .Net Core project

Hello,
I have total licence and I used Groupdocs viewer before. When I used viewer I was asked for the sample project and get the .Net Core project sample like at the attachment.

I want to use editor now but cant see the project sample for .Net Core project that suits my needs like in the viewer. We were able to start that sample project and no need further adjustment for usage. Is there any sample project for Editor too? Like when I dont need much more configguration for ui and all its gonna start and run on server and accesible from endpoint side for the client.

Thank yousample-viewer-app-with-search-term.zip (89.7 KB)

@caglaraydogan

We’ve logged a request for .NET Core UI application. Your ticket ID is EDITORNET-2484. We’ll notify you in case of any update.

Hello,

Is there any update on this subject?

Thank you

@caglaraydogan

This ticket is still under investigation.

Hello,

We would like to start our project with same as Viewer project.
So It would be great to be notified of any developments

Thank you

@caglaraydogan

Please note that all free support tickets are assisted on first come first serve basis. We’ll notify you as there’s any update on your ticket.

Hello Atir,

Is there any update yet? We open this ticket April 18 and its nearly 1 month. If is there a que could you please tell me which order this ticket currently?

Thanks

@caglaraydogan

Your ticket is still under investigation. However, we’ve raised it on GitHub as well. Please keep track of this GitHub issue.

@caglaraydogan

1. Please download .NET Core project
  2. We’d love to hear your feedback about the project
  3. Please keep in mind that this is a basic UI application to demonstrate how API can be utilized
  4. This project does not demonstrate the full set of features and possibilities of GroupDocs.Editor API but only a few

If you want any other feature, please let us know.

Hello,

Thank you I able to open project with .Net Core. I was wondering is it can apllied the same logic in viewer previously we used. I tried to modify as like in viewer project but couldnt make it.

At viewer we open the viewer with default file. And that file was getting from byte[] So there wasnt any stored file for that viewed file in viewer project and there wasnt the part the selection for file because its hidden and file was already opened. Can we apply the same logic in here too? I share the viewer examples in attachments.

I would like to display only the selected area when I open file like in viewer examples.

editorSelectedArea.PNG (190.9 KB)
viewerDisplay.PNG (366.3 KB)
viewerNetwork.PNG (166.5 KB)
viewerProjectLoad.PNG (92.9 KB)

@caglaraydogan

It’s not appropriate to compare GroupDocs.Editor for .NET and GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET ASP.NET Core project from GitHub, because Viewer UI uses a separate GroupDocs.Viewer.UI library.
We cannot do the GroupDocs.Editor for .NET sample project to be the same and share the same logic as the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET ASP.NET Core project from GitHub, because:

• GroupDocs.Editor for .NET and GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET are different products with different internal logic, different application and use-cases.
  • Web-application, which uses the GroupDocs.Editor for .NET, cannot have the same web UI, as the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET, because editing requires more tools than the viewing.

Nevertheless, we have provided you with a basic UI application for GroupDocs.Editor for .NET. You have the flexibility to extend and customize it according to the developer guide’s instructions.
If you have any specific requirements related to the Editor, please feel free to share them with us. In addition to comparing the Editor UI with the Viewer, we are eager to cater to your Editor-specific needs.

@caglaraydogan

Please take a look at this GroupDocs.Editor UI.