"Error! Bar code generator is not set." rendered instead of actual QR code converting DOCX to PDF in .NET

Converting the attached file to PDF only renders “Error! Bar code generator is not set.” instead of the QR/Barcode using GroupDocs.Conversion 23.4.

About a year ago I reported the same problem for the Viewer:

Additionally I noticed that the fields (custom document properties) are not updated anymore:
image.png (8.1 KB)
The “updated” column should show say “hello world”, as it did in previous versions:
image.png (9.3 KB)

Can you please take a look at this issue?
Barcode QR-Code problem.zip (130.6 KB)

I’ve attached different outcomes generated by different GroupDocs.Conversion versions.
Getting back the state from 22.6 would be the desired behavior. Scaling was broken with 22.9.

@Clemens_Pestuka
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6047

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

Could you please clarify the framework version you are using(e.g. .NET Framework or .NET Core/6/7)?

1 Like

@atir.tahir
We’re planning on upgrading, but we’re currently still using .NET Framework 4.7.2.

@Clemens_Pestuka

Thanks for the details. We’ll continue our investigation.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-6047) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov

@atir.tahir

Thank you for the fix. I can confirm that it’s working fine now with GroupDocs Conversion 23.5.
However it’s somehow not working with GroupDocs.Total 23.5, which should include that Conversion 23.5 version according to description. I saw the old behavior with the barcode error.

It’s also not working when combining GroupDocs.Conversion 23.5 and GroupDocs.Viewer 23.4 in the same project (same versions as in GroupDocs.Total).
When attempting a conversion with the viewer, I get this unhandled exception:

System.TypeInitializationException: 'The type initializer for ‘ ’ threw an exception.’
Inner Exception:
InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

I’ve attached my test projects, can you please take a look?
Projects.zip (20.2 KB)

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

We’ll investigate this scenario. Your are investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONNET-6103.

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

Using GroupDocsTotalProblem we cannot reproduce any issue. Could you please share a screenshot?
However, with the project GroupDocsMixedProblem we could reproduce the issue.
One possible workaround is to install Aspose.Words v23.3 in the project. This makes the project run. The other option is to wait for GroupDocs.Viewer v23.5.

1 Like

@atir.tahir

I tried to reproduce the issue again today and I’m also unable to do so.
So I think the problem with GroupDocs.Total was only a temporary issue on my side.
Thank you for checking!

1 Like

@Clemens_Pestuka

Thank you for your update. If you encounter any further problems, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We’re here to assist you.

1 Like