Error while highlighting text

When I use the text highlight option and change the text color, the border color of the image and the color of the shape also change color according to the text color

@tronghieu88

Please share following details and we’ll look into this scenario:

• Source and target files
  • GroupDocs.Comparison API version that you are using
  • Sample comparison code/application
  • Development environment details (e.g. .NET core, .NET)
  • Source, target and result files:
    Example.zip (35.6 KB)
  • GroupDocs.Comparison API version: 23.11.0
  • Development environment details: .NET Framework 4.8
  • Sample comparison code:
private static void Main(string[] args)
{
    string targetDocumentPath = @"D:\Word\Example\target.docm";
    string sourceDocumentPath = @"D:\Word\Example\source.docm";
    string outputPath = $"D:\\Word\\Example\\output\\result.docm";

using (Comparer comparer = new Comparer(sourceDocumentPath))
    {
        comparer.Add(targetDocumentPath);
        CompareOptions compareOptions = new CompareOptions()
        {
            MarkChangedContent = true,
            DetectStyleChanges = true,

InsertedItemStyle = new StyleSettings()
            {
                FontColor = System.Drawing.Color.Black,
                HighlightColor = System.Drawing.Color.Turquoise,
            },
            DeletedItemStyle = new StyleSettings()
            {
                FontColor = System.Drawing.Color.Violet,
                HighlightColor = System.Drawing.Color.Red,
            },

ChangedItemStyle = new StyleSettings()
            {
                FontColor = System.Drawing.Color.Black,
                HighlightColor = System.Drawing.Color.Yellow,
            },
        };
        comparer.Compare(outputPath, compareOptions);
    }
}
1 Like

@tronghieu88
Thanks for sharing the details. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): COMPARISONNET-3878

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

• Thanks for your answer, is there any version of the API that I could use for our testing and not affected by this bug?
  • Does GroupDocs Comparison support options to custom the border color of an image?

@tronghieu88

We have added this point in our on-going investigation.
Regarding your question about accessing a bug-free version for testing, unfortunately, the issue persists in the latest release. We plan to address it in an upcoming API release. We’ll keep you updated on any further developments.

Does the textbox also have this issues?

@tronghieu88

Do you mean different textboxes in source and target files have this issue when compared? If yes, we have to check, how the textbox is added and whare are the differences. Could you please share such problematic files (as per your use-case/requirements), we’ll investigate them at our end.

I have sent the Example.zip file with the textbox that has this issues above

@tronghieu88

Sorry for the inconvenience. We observed that the textboxes background color is also changed based on item style changes. Those files are already under investigation. We’ll notify you in case of any update.

Has this issue been fixed yet? I purchased a GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET (OEM Developer) license. This issue will have a major impact on how our project develops. My customers are complaining about this problem

@tronghieu88

We understand your concerns. We are still investigating this ticket. You’ll be notified as soon as we have any update.

Thanks for answering. I really need it now to complete our project. Our customers are pressing to get it done. This problem greatly affects our reputation with customers. Therefore, I hope this issue is resolved in the shortest possible time.

@tronghieu88

Version 24.4 is expected to be released by the end of April 2024. We’ll notify you as the release get on-board.

It’s imperative that you address this issue promptly. Its resolution is paramount to the success of our project, as its impact has been significant.

@tronghieu88

We are already working on this ticket. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

Can I confirm that version 24.4 is capable of resolving this issue and is scheduled for release by the end of April?

@tronghieu88

We are actively working to resolve this issue in version 24.4. If any obstacles arise under worst-case circumstances, we will promptly provide a hotfix, such as version 24.4.1, to address the problem.

Thanks. I’m eagerly anticipating updates on the 24.4 update, expected to arrive by late April. I’m optimistic that it will bring about the resolution I’m seeking for the current issue.

@tronghieu88

We are actively working on the fix and will provide a hotfix version promptly if it is not resolved within the 24.4 release.