Group Docs Annotation integration in sharepoint

Hi,

I am trying to integrate group docs annotation in sharepoint project but facing issue related to StructureMap. PFA screen shot for the same.

I have added required DLL in package and set deployment target to “webapplication”.

I have also gone through below link
http://groupdocs.com https://forum.aspose.com/t/725” and added reference of MVC in package but didn’t worked. I have also installed MVC framework 4 but didn’t worked.

And Latest DLL version of annotation is 3.1.0 although the documentation and sample code are available for version 2.1.1 only why so?

Thanks
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank for using GroupDocs.Annotation API.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issues. We recommend that use our Latest GroupDocs.Annotation API 3.1.0

Please find below some useful resources to quickly get started with GroupDocs.Annotation API.

If you will need any help or you
will have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already gone through this links, documentation and videos but they are not helping me out to integrate annotation in sharepoint. It would be great help if you provide me sample sharepoint project for this.

And we are already using GroupDocs viewer version 3.4.0. So need to make sure that it doesn’t affect on current viewer functionality.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for the confirmation.

Currently we are working on GroupDocs.Annotations Web-forms front-end example and we also have plan for SharePoint example but at this stage we cannot give you the ETA of GroupDocs.Annotations SharePoint example. Once we done with this we will notify you here.

Regarding Groupdocs.Viewer version 3.4.0 we recommend you to always use latest releases. We always try to create examples with less independence of API version so hopefully this will not effect your working.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for your reply and constant support.

We are in high requirement and deadline to integrate annotation in our sharepoint project. So looking for sample sharepoint project as early as possible.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hello Jayesh,

Thank you and you are always welcome.

We can understand your situation but the thing is we are working on already committed tasks and we have added your request in our ongoing work schedule to provide you solution as early as possible. Once its done we will immediately notify you here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Is there any update on the sample sharepoint project for group docs annotation? As we are running out of deadline we need this as early as possible.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

We are glad to inform you that we have successfully created GroupDocs.Annotation SharePoint Plugin as you requested. Kindly click here to to download our GroupDocs.Annotation Plugin from GitHub.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks a lot for providing us solution.

The solution you have provided is a SharePoint app, we require demo project/application for SharePoint on-premise application for 2013.

Although I tried to run this plugin but faced several issues. I have attached the screen shots for the same.

Error1.png : It is running over localhost and in console it is throwing lots of error.
Error2.png : Some reference issues. This is only happening on windows server machine having SharePoint. I also tried to install MVC4 and MVC3 but it didn’t worked.

Please guide to resolve this issue.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issues. Regarding reference issues kindly try to add manually missing reference from nugget package manager, i hope this will resolve your references issue.
We will further investigate on it as initially we found its working fine at our end. we will share our findings once we done with it.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for you response.

Is there any update on issue "Error1.png : It is running over localhost and in console it is throwing lots of error."
as mentioned in above trail conversation?

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh ,

We are unable to reproduce this issue at our end as its working fine at our side. To reproduce this issue we need some more details from you. Kindly provide us screen shots of exceptions details during debugging and if you are creating your own project kindly share your sample project.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for your support and response.

I am just simply running your sharepoint plugin using our SiteUrl.
Attached are the screen shots for the same. And after clicking on link it redirect to the page as as shown in screen shot "Error1.png"

Is there any other configuration I am left with?

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh ,

Thank you for sharing details with us.

We have successfully reproduced this issue at our end and found that in your current scenario you are missing license file which is causing issue at your end. Kindly get GroupDocs.Annotation subscription if you don’t have any or get free temporary license from here.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for prompt reply and support.

As I mentioned earlier, we need to integrate annotation functionality in SharePoint 2013 custom web part and not using SharePoint Apps.

Here are some issues with Provider hosted App:

1. Our client won’t allow us to host the application on third party cloud premises. Even hosting the single piece of functionality would be overhead and not cost effective

2. Consistency: Our current development architecture is based on web part only, going with SharePoint App is not possible at this stage of the project

Kindly provide a sample for the same. Seeking for cooperation and looking forward for sample project.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh ,

Thank you for the sharing details.

We have created SharePoint integration example for GroupDocs.Annotation for to give the basic understanding to our clients who are using SharePoint. In your case we recommend you to use our open source front-end example in your custom web part.
I hope this will serve the purpose and as its open sourced front-end you can modify it as you required and this will remove dependencies on third party App as well.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for your support and response.

It would be difficult for us to integrate your provided front-end example in our custom web part. We have successfully integrated GroupDocs viewer in sharepoint using sample project provided in below link.

"https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/tree/master/Plugins/GroupDocs_Viewer_SharePoint"

Please try to provide somewhat similar to this that can be integrate to sharepoint custom web part.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh ,

I have forwarded your request to concerned team. Once we get any update we will notify you here.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Is there any update on SharePoint sample project for annotation for custom Web Part?

I understand that you guys are really working hard to provide best support as much as possible, but the situation at our end is that we are having demo of our project the very next week and we don’t even have sample project in our hand and it is going to take time in integrate in our project.

Appreciate any update related to the same.

Thanks for your cooperation and support.

Regards,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh ,

We understand your situation therefore we already added your request for SharePoint integration example into our ongoing tasks list but unfortunately current generic example for SharePoint integration is not fulfilling your custom requirements therefore again i have forwarded your request to concerned team but currently team is already working on other priority tasks. Once we get any update regarding your request we will update you here.

Tank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,