Group Docs Annotation integration in sharepoint

Hi Rizwan,

Is there any update on this ?

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for coming back on GroupDocs.Annotation support forum.

I have checked it with concerned team and currently its under development and we will inform you once its done. I hope very soon it will be available for your use.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Is there any update on this ?

We are in a huge need of this as it is delaying our project delivery.

And thanks for your instant and great support.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for coming back to GroupDocs.Annotation support forum.

We are glad to inform you that we have recently published GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET SharePoint based web-part front-end example with all basic working that you may need in your project. We hope this example project will be helpful for you. It is open source project so you can modify it further as you want it to. Please click here to explore the front-end features.

If you will need any help or you
will have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for the solution.

I am able to run your provided solution to some extent, but facing some issue and error as given in attached screenshots.

Please guide me to resolve this.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh ,

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issue. i have forwarded your query to the concerned team. Once we get any update from them we will update you here.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh ,

We are sorry for the delays as concerned team is working on other priority tasks. i
have confirmed from concerned team regarding your raised issue, they will start work on it very soon . Once we get any update
from them we will update you here.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi Jayesh,

I am in contact with examples team and they are busy with some priority tasks. Your request is logged and under consideration but according to the support policy, priority and enterprise customers requirements and hot-fixes take first place to be resolved after that other tasks take place. I suggest you to subscribe priority support services to expedite it. Please click here for more details regarding support services.
After the priority tasks your requirement is on top place so once its done we will update you here.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi jayesh,

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

I have good news for you which is, your requested SharePoint example with Web Part for GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET is ready. We have published its updated code on GitHub.
Please click here to explore the Front-end example and let us know if you faced any difficulty in running the example.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for the solution.

I am able to run your provided solution to some extent, but facing some issue and error as given in attached screenshots. I have also set License path, required changes done in Global.asax and webconfig file.

Please guide me to resolve this.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi jayesh,

Thank you for sharing details.

We are unable to reproduce this issue at our end. Kindly Clear your browser cache and Clear Temporary ASP.NET Files from here C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\ also update “GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart.dll” in GAC
and try again Hope this will resolve your issue.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for your constant good support.

I tried your suggested solution but sorry to say it didn’t worked.

Although I replaced below line in Global.asax
<%@ Application Language=“C#” Inherits=“GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart.Global” %>

by this(which was default in Global.asax)
<%@ Application Language=“C#” Inherits=“Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationRuntime.SPHttpApplication” %>

so most of the errors are resolved now.

But still facing some issues as below:
1) Signalr.
2) Missing some JS and CSS files. Moreover this files not even exist in project.

PFA new screen shot of error. I have also attached scrrenshot of package so it may help you better. I might me missing some configuration. Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for sharing details.

Can you please share your modified Global.asax and Web.config files so we will try to reproduce this issue at our end.

Thank you for the cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

PFA required file.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for sharing your files.

We will investigate it and will get back to you soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi Jayesh,

We got the response from example team working on GroupDocs.Annotation SharePoint front-end example. They have suggested given below solution and working of example. Please follow the information care fully.

This is how SingalR is working in SharePoint Web-Part for GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET

• We created Global.cs class with namespace “GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart” to create signalR Hub.
  • In Global.cs Application_Start method we are creating a Hub at “ServerUrl/_layouts/15/GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart/signalr1_1_2 ”
  • To call this Application_Start method, we need to reference Global.cs in Global.asax file located at C:\Inetpub\Wwwroot\Wss\VirtualDirectories\porthost
  • Following code should be added it your Global.asax to call run Global.cs Application_Start method

<%@ Assembly Name=“GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart, Version=1.0.0.0,Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=46f3db1189e89af3”%>
<%@ Import Namespace=“GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart” %>
<%@ Application Language=“C#” Inherits=“GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart.Global” %>

• Make sure you have GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart registered in your GAC
  • To make sure you have GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart registered in your GAC you can run following command in your Developer Command prompt for VS:
gacutil -l GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart

• If GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart.dll is not registered in you GAC run following command to register it:
Gacutil -i YOURPATH/ GroupDocs_Annotation_SharePoint_WebPart.dll

Hope above information will help out you to run the front-end example. If you faced any difficultly in applying the above procedure please do let u know.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

I am sorry to say, I followed all the step as you mentioned but error still exist.

Is there anything you need from my side to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are sorry to hear that you are still facing issues in running the example after the suggested changes and solution. At our end SharePoint front-end example with web-part is working fine, you can check its screenshot.

Are you facing issues in running the example or you are trying to implementing it in your existing project ? kindly share your compete custom project code with us so we can figure out the problem and suggest you the solution. kindly also share details like Visual Studio Version, SharePoint Version, Windows and testing scenario etc…

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Yes I am running the sample provided by you.

Please use below link to download my code.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/n9btsuf9v1uls2y/GroupDocs-Annotation-Sharepoint.rar?dl=0

Below are the required details:
Visual studio: Microsoft Visual Studio Premium 2013
SharePoint Version: 2013
Windows: Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard

Thanks,
Jayesh