Group Docs Annotation integration in sharepoint

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for sharing details.

Concerned team will investigate this issue. Once we get any update from them, will inform you here.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards

Hi Jayesh,

We got response from example team who is working on GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET front-end examples. They have tested your shared code which is almost same as our already published front-end on GitHub.
However they found that both front-ends are working fine and there is no such issue except some little configurations which is already shared with you. kindly click here to view the running front-end video. We think you have not configured your environment correctly or may be there are some files missing during installation. we also recommend you to try our front-end example by applying license if you are not applying it. Also If you do not have license yet then you can apply for temporary license from here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Previously I use to download code from below link.
https://github.com/groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET

But as in video you provided I downloaded now from below link.
https://github.com/groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET/releases

But during deployment I am facing issue realted to the file not found "C:\GdVirtualPath.dll". which is as shown in ScreenShot(GdVirtualPath_1.png)
and in video I see that there is already such dll in your directory as shown in screenshot(GdVirtualPath_2.png)

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Your raised point is already mentioned in Readme file from where you downloaded the front-end code. For your ease we have also published blog post for this purpose, kindly click here for more details. Hope this will help you in resolving your issue.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Apologies for my mistake.

I followed the post suggested by you and added “GdVirtualPath.dll” in package, but still I am facing issue for signalR. I tried many other ways also but no success. Surely I am missing something.

For debugging purpose I added code to create logs in file in “Init” and “Start” method of GdVirtualPath project, but logs are also not created in file.I believe those methods are not calling.

Please guide and suggest.

Thanks for your patience and constant support.

Regards,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

We so sorry to hear that you are still not able to run the example. We have tested and tried example many times with different scenarios and suggested you possible solutions but unfortunately your raised points are not reproduced at our end. I will notify our example team to to further investigate on your problem and if there is any solution we will definitely propose you.

Thank you for your patience and cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Based on this post “http://www.groupdocs.com/blog/how-to-fix-a-virtualpath-issue-in-the-sharepoint-2013”, is it just creating dll and then adding to our WebPart project package?

It would be great if you provide me your GdVirtualPath.dll and web.config file. or else can we have TeamViewer/ScreenSharing to troubleshoot the issue at my end?

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for your inquiry,

Our concerned team is setting up environment for your case. We’ll notify you after getting update from the team.

Please stay tuned.

Hi Umar,

Is there any update on this?

Thanks,
Jayesh

HI Jayesh,

We have successfully executed the Web Part for GroupDocs.Annotaion for .NET on similar of your development environment (Windows Server 2012 R2 and SharePoint Server 2013).

Please follow these steps to run the example.

1: Disable strick MEME type checking, you can disable it by removing (X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff) line from web.config.
2: Download and install NewtonSoft.Json 6.0.0 in your GAC. Link
3: Download GDVirtualPath.dll from here install it in GAC and also reference it in your project.

We hope it will help you to run the example on your side.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for your updates.

I am still unable to run project.

I have attached screenshots whichever required. Please guide me if I am missing anything.

Can we take TeamViewer/Screen Sharing to troubleshoot the issue at my end?

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

We are sorry to know that your are still not able to run the example project. Kindly Try to run the example project on some other configured machine and manually add all missing references.

Regarding screen sharing troubleshoot, this facility is only available for Valid Priority and Enterprise support subscription kindly get subscription to avail this feature.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

We are looking to purchase license and support subscription in near future.

As per your suggestion I tried to add missing reference via nuget but facing problem with “Structuremap” and “webactivator”. Are they really required? Because they are not added in packages.config file. Although I have tried to add it manually.

For Structuremap it throws error as shown in screen shot.
And for Webactivator I couldn’t find any exact dll for this. It is only available for WebactivatorEx which I have already added.

Any other help is highly appreciated. Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank you for sharing details and showing interest in subscription.

I am again forwarding your issue and details to the concern team. Once we get any update we will inform you here.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards, .

Hi Rizwan,

I am having below queries:

1) As based on one of your previous post you have mentioned that
"Regarding screen sharing troubleshoot, this facility is only available for Valid Priority and Enterprise support subscription kindly get subscription to avail this feature."
So can we take this subscription directly? or we need to purchase product first?

2) We are using GroupDocs Viewer and Annotation in MVC and SharePoint project. So which Product family exactly we need to purchase? Should we purchase “GroupDocs.Viewer” and “GroupDocs.Annotation” both OR “GroupDocs.Total” only ?

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

Thank your for your inquiry.

1. can we take this subscription directly? or we need to purchase product first?
Kindly create new thread here for more appropriate answers.

2.We are using GroupDocs Viewer and Annotation in MVC and SharePoint
project. So which Product family exactly we need to purchase? Should we
purchase “GroupDocs.Viewer” and “GroupDocs.Annotation” both OR
“GroupDocs.Total” only ?

If you are you using GroupDocs.Viewer and GroupDocs.Annotation you can purchase both of them individually but i recommend you GroupDocs.Total for .NET because it allows you more APIs in one pack.

Warm Regards,

Hi,

I am unable to access below blog link.
http://www.groupdocs.com/blog/how-to-fix-a-virtualpath-issue-in-the-sharepoint-2013

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi,

I have directly integrated Annotation Project in my project and signalR virtual path issue is resolved. But still not able to run your sample project. I exactly don’t know why your sample project is independently not running and there are no such issues of virtual path after integrating in my project.

One more issue I am facing after integrating in my project. Add/Edit Annotation actually are not working. When I debug through browser console “AddAnnotationReply” method is not called via ajax. Although “DeleteAnnotation” method oi called successfully.

Please guide me to resolve this.
And also suggest me the workaround for sample project not working.

Thanks,
Jayesh

Hi Jayesh,

I am unable to access below blog link.
kindly click here to access the blog link.

Regarding sample project we are unable to reproduce this issue as our sample project is working fine independently at our end and all the details/guidelines and videos are already shared with you.
We are glad to know you are able to run the example in your project. We are not sure about its integration with your project and if its running in your integrated project then there is something is missing or configurations are not appropriate while running project independently otherwise in integration mode you will also face same issues. Kindly share some more details regarding your integrated project so we can reproduce this issue at our end.

Warm Regards,

Hi,

Somehow I manage to run your sample project by changes in web.config file. But still I am facing issues in adding comment for annotation. Can you please cross check at your end whether you are able to add comments for annotation or not.

Please use below link to download my code.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/k2pzua

Thanks,
Jayesh