Group docs viewer for nodejs via java not installing in Linux environment

Group docs viewer for nodejs via java not installing in Linux environment

what is the easiest method to launch group docs viewer. would like to purchase but difficult to install

@vijayanv11

Can you please share which distribution you’re using and what error you get when installing the package?

Hi thank you for the reply .
GroupDocIssue.docx (270.6 KB)

Code Sample referred URL

Executed in windows - working well
IMG_2074.jpg (301.0 KB)

Java Version: 11.0.17

Node Version: 16.14.2

Executed in Linux

Java version: 11.0.20

Node: 18.17.1

@vijayanv11

Thank you for sharing the details. We’re looking into this issue and will update you as soon as we have any information.

thank you. Waiting for the solution, as we are not able to test the application.

@vijayanv11

At the moment we have located the issue. As soon as we have any updates we’ll let you know.

Ok . Now how do I install the solution in my server and test it .

I need to purchase it after testing .

Do we have any time period for the same ?

@vijayanv11

With a temporary license you will have a 30-days period in which you can test all the functionality without trial limitations.

Hi,

All these documents seems to be Java Related.
I am looking to implement the same in NodeJS Via Java environment.

let me know how do we proceed.

@vijayanv11

I’m sorry for the confusion. I have updated my previous comment to not confuse other readers.

At the moment we’re looking for a solution for the issue you have reported.

is there any tentative time line, accordingly i can plan my deployment

@vijayanv11

This issue has high priority but at the moment we can’t estimate how much time the fix will take. When we have any new information we’ll let you know here.

ok. then is there any other way i can test the process. How do integrate with my application & do testing.

is there any other mode to do the same

@vijayanv11

We have two more options except Node.js via Java and they are .NET (C#) or Java. If you bond to Node.js there is no other option.

@vijayanv11

We’ve checked that code samples are working at the following environment:

• Ubuntu 18.04
  • Node.js 16.15.1
  • Java 11

Please see the attached Dockerfile.7z (811 Bytes) and try it at your end.

Here are some notes on how to build and launch samples in Docker:

• To build the docker image use command: docker build -t groupdocs-viewer-samples:1.0 .
  • To run the docker container use command: docker run -it groupdocs-viewer-samples:1.0

Inside Docker container command line:

• Setup Groupdocs.Viewer for Node.js package: npm install @groupdocs/groupdocs.viewer
  • Launch examples: node Examples/runExamples.js

Please let us know if there’s anything else we can help with.
Thanks.

Hi ,

We installed in a new machine the above mentioned steps in a new server. To open a file it took us 12 Minutes. Attaching the screenshot with error.

image.jpg (63.5 KB)

@vijayanv11

Please note that document processing (or conversion) speed depends very much on the following:

• How many RAM and CPU are allocated for your server.
  • Document structure and its complexity.

You may explicitly define allocated resources to run docker container like this

docker run -it -m 16G --cpus 8 your-container-image

Here are some settings and elapsed time for “renderToJPG” code sample at our side:

-m 8G --cpus 2   - 5.72 seconds
-m 16G --cpus 8  - 3.56 seconds
-m 4G --cpus 16  - 3.74 seconds

Please try to adjust RAM / CPU settings accoring to your desired performance.
Thanks.

Hi Team
we have tried to upload the AI and EPS file with more than 500kb , group doc throws below error.

1699352659532blob.png (12.8 KB)

@vijayanv11

Could you please check if you install the license before trying to convert files?
If yes, would you also share problematic AI and EPS files, so that we can test at our side?

Thanks.

Hi
I able to load the file with more than 500kb. but when I processing those eps file I’m getting attached image warning message also my output image was blank white color. I attached the file which I tried to test

sample_ai_for_test.zip (618.8 KB)

image.png (32.3 KB)