GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET Library issue

Dear team,
Good day!

Our customer, Capital Securities Corporation., is testing GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET Library and has some questions may need your help.
They’d like to use GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET Library to convert PDF to html, then open it with web browser on iOS/Android OS/PC.
After they open it, it will appears like below, please kindly help us fix it.

1. It will can’t be read on iOS.
    01.png (45.1 KB)

2. Some words will be different font and different size on Android and PC.
    02.png (12.1 KB)

And customer would like to check, if they purchase Developer Small Business license, how to transfer license to other device if the device is broken?

Thank you, look forward to your reply!

1 Like

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

In order to investigate this issue, we need following details:

• Sample/Problematic file
  • Conversion code
  • GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET API version that is being used
  • Development environment details (e.g. OS version, list of fonts installed on the machine)
    Could you please share the source file and the sample conversion code?

We’ve created a thread on your behalf in purchase category.

Downloads.ZIP (2.4 MB)
The HTML file generated from the previous issue displays broken characters when opened on iOS devices. Please find the attached original sample file. Thank you!

Development tool:
ASP.NET 2017 .Net Framework4.7.2
GroupDocs.Conversion.21.9.0

1. Code :
    private string SaveFile(string FileName)
    {
    string sMsg = “”;
    try
    {
    GroupDocs.Conversion.Converter converter = new GroupDocs.Conversion.Converter(string.Format(@“Folder pth{0}”, FileName));
    // Set conversion parameters for HTML format
    GroupDocs.Conversion.Options.Convert.ConvertOptions convertOptions = converter.GetPossibleConversions()[“html”].ConvertOptions;
    // Convert to HTML format
    converter.Convert(string.Format(@“Folder pth{0}.html”, FileName.Replace(“.pdf”,“”)), convertOptions);
    return sMsg;
    }
    catch (Exception ex)
    {
    return ex.ToString();
    }

}

1. HTML:

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

Please take a look at this screenshot.png (185.7 KB). Could you please highlight the affected area/text in the HTML file when opened in Safari?
It’d be great if you highlight the changes that you see in any IOS device.

Dear Atir,
Appreciate for your reply.

Please kindly see below screenshot of Safari and Chrome.
I can’t highlight the change because all words are broken.
Safari:
Safari.png (131.5 KB)

Chrome:
Chrome.png (132.2 KB)

1 Like

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6046

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Dear Atir,
Appreciate for your reply.

I’d like to check where we can follow the issue track?
The “Free Support Policies” link only shows “That page is private.” in my side.

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

We logged the issue in our internal issue tracking system. However, we’ll notify you in case of any progress update.

Dear Atir,
Good day!

I’d like to check is there any update for the issue?
When will it be fixed?

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

This ticket is still under investigation. However, we’ll share an ETA of fix as soon as we have it.

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

Please try following outputs and let us know if they work for you:

The client has finished the test, unfortunately, the problem remain the same, please help, thank you !

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

Could you please share a screenshot of these files opened in both Google Chrome and Safari (or any other IOS web client)? And, if not highlight, point out the difference with the help of some arrow or rectangle annotation.

Please kindly see the screenshot and the comparing file in attachments.

破字問題.docx (1.1 MB)
converted.png (124.8 KB)
converted-fixed.png (134.5 KB)

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

We’ll further investigate and let you know if any further details are required.

Dear Atir,
I’d like to check is there any update?
If you have further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

1 Like

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

Your ticket is still under investigation. We’ll let you know if any further details are required.

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

Upon conducting a thorough investigation, we have determined that the issue causing the content to display correctly in Chrome but appear broken in Safari is related to the font. It is highly probable that Safari is utilizing the system fonts installed on iOS.

Appreciate for your update, I’d like to check is there any way to solve this issue?

@saphira_linksoft_com_tw

Please use following code:

const string source = "riskspec.pdf";
using (var converter = new Converter(source, () => new PdfLoadOptions
       {
           DefaultFont = "PingFang SC Regular"
       })) 
{
    var options = new WebConvertOptions
    {
        FixedLayout = false,
        FixedLayoutShowBorders = false,
    };
    converter.Convert("converted.html", options);
}

You must put this font PingFang SC Regular in the folder where the executable is.
And must use the latest v23.6 version of GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET (which will be released soon)
The main issue is that the font in the document is not rendered correctly in iOS Safari and must be replaced with a font which is rendered correctly.