GroupDocs document not loading in IE browser

In our groupdocs viewer documents are opening fine in browsers like Chrome,Firefox,etc, But the same document is not opening in IE browser.

IE browser version = 11

Please suggest us why this is happening.

Attached screenshot of IE

Hi Ram,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Viewer for Java and sharing your concerns.
Can you please tell, which version of the API you are integrating in your project, are you evaluating any of our showcase projects ?
Keen to hear from you.

Kind regards

Hi

We are using the below showcase project

<a rel=“nofollow” href=“https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java/tree/master/Showcase/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java-using-Servlets” class=“js-navigation-open” id=“2c2ba3fb83b5122f222476c431aba030-9cb6d109943dfd9f1b869a0784e20f05f3d36923” title=“GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java-using-Servlets” style=“transition: all 0.3s ease 0s; color: rgb(64, 120, 192); text-decoration: none; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, “Segoe UI”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, “Apple Color Emoji”, “Segoe UI Emoji”, “Segoe UI Symbol”; font-size: 14px; line-height: 20px; white-space: nowrap;”>GroupDocs.Viewer-for-Java-using-Servlets

and version 3.2 of API

Hi Ram,

Thanks for providing us the details.
This issue is already logged at GitHub, please follow this link to keep track of the issue for future correspondence and further updates.

Kind regards

Hi Ram,

We are pleased to inform you that a new release of our Servlets based project is on-board that covers the issue you reported earlier. You can find the updated project here.

Kind regards

Hi Atir,

Thanks for the update. But unfortunately the fix you have provided is not working for me.

Still I am facing the same issue.

I changed the lines in script file as you have suggested, I am seeing that js file change in view source but its not working in IE.

Can you suggest me anything more has o be done

Hi Ram,

Still I am facing the same issue.
We couldn’t reproduce the issue using newly released Servlets based front end. Please find the attached screenshots of rendered documents in viewer on IE.
Can you please share the problematic file/document with us and the exception you are seeing in the IDE. We would recommend you to clone or download the official project and try it at once.

Best regards

Hi Atir,

I was debugging the script and checked that the line which you gave as fix was not even reaching.

The below line itself is not rendering

<table class="diff-table tab-size " data-tab-size=“8” style=“box-sizing: border-box; border-spacing: 0px; width: 978px; tab-size: 8; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, “Segoe UI”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, “Apple Color Emoji”, “Segoe UI Emoji”, “Segoe UI Symbol”; font-size: 14px; line-height: 21px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”> <span class=“blob-code-inner” style=“box-sizing: border-box; overflow: visible; font-family: Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 12px; word-wrap: normal; white-space: pre;”>triggerImageLoadedEvent: function (pageIndex) { <td id=“diff-7c426a49d7745289673e828987f277f2L5862” data-line-number=“5862” class=“blob-num blob-num-context js-linkable-line-number” style=“box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px 10px; width: 50px; min-width: 50px; font-family: Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.298039); text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; vertical-align: top; cursor: pointer; -webkit-user-select: none;”><td id=“diff-7c426a49d7745289673e828987f277f2R5862” data-line-number=“5862” class=“blob-num blob-num-context js-linkable-line-number” style=“box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px 10px; width: 50px; min-width: 50px; font-family: Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.298039); text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; vertical-align: top; cursor: pointer; -webkit-user-select: none;”><span class=“blob-code-inner” style=“box-sizing: border-box; overflow: visible; font-family: Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 12px; word-wrap: normal; white-space: pre;”> if ($.browser.msie) { <td id=“diff-7c426a49d7745289673e828987f277f2L5863” data-line-number=“5863” class=“blob-num blob-num-context js-linkable-line-number is-hovered” style=“box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px 10px; width: 50px; min-width: 50px; font-family: Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.298039); text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; vertical-align: top; cursor: pointer; -webkit-user-select: none;”><td id=“diff-7c426a49d7745289673e828987f277f2R5863” data-line-number=“5863” class=“blob-num blob-num-context js-linkable-line-number is-hovered” style=“box-sizing: border-box; padding: 0px 10px; width: 50px; min-width: 50px; font-family: Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 12px; line-height: 20px; color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.298039); text-align: right; white-space: nowrap; vertical-align: top; cursor: pointer; -webkit-user-select: none;”><span class=“blob-code-inner” style=“box-sizing: border-box; overflow: visible; font-family: Consolas, “Liberation Mono”, Menlo, Courier, monospace; font-size: 12px; word-wrap: normal; white-space: pre;”> if (!this.pages()[pageIndex - 1].visible()) {

Hi Ram,

In order to investigate your scenario at our end, we need your project. Can you please share complete project?
We’d appreciate your cooperation.

Kind regards

It will be a security violation if i am sharing the whole project. Will any specific file can be able to help you to investigate

Hi Ram,

Do you see any exception in the IDE console when you render any document in the viewer on IE ? If yes, please share that exception with us.

Thanks

Hi Tahir,

I will provide the logs to you shortly,

meanwhile, we are able to see the document in the printing page, does this means document is rendered and any other issue.

Hi Ram,

We would like to update you that there’s no such issue reproduced in our newly released Servlets based project. However, if you provide us the logs, we may perceive the issue at your end.

Best regards

Hi Atir,

From the logs we are not able to see any specific errors related to IE, but we found the below two reasins which caused the failure

1) WebService
calls gets aborted sometimes in case of IE<o:p></o:p>

2) When WebService call is successful, in case of IE, response is partial. While previewing the response in the developer console, partial image is shown. Where as in case of other browsers, complete image is shown in preview

Can you suggest us on this

Hi Ram,

We are still not able to reproduce this issue at our end with IE9, 10 and Edge (that are supported IE versions so far). Let me share few screenshots (rendered documents beside IE developer console) with you.
We would suggest you to give our Servlets based project a try and integrate latest version of the API in your project as well. It is rendering documents properly. Exploring our showcase project, you may observe what possible changes are required at your end/in your project in order to render documents properly.

Many Thanks

Hi Atir,

Is it possible for you have a session/call with us, so that we can share what is excatly happening from our side.

Please let us the know timing required for the call.

HI Team,

We are not still getting the same error also we are not able to provide our code outside of the company. From our side we can arrange the webex meeting and through that we can show the code and error.

Hi Ram,

Please note, you can avail phone communication support/benefits only in our Enterprise support. But, within enterprise support, only back-end API issues can be discussed and addressed.
However, you are facing issue in the front-end, we are in contact with the management regarding your scenario. As we get any update, we’ll surely notify you.
We’ll appreciate your patience.

Many Thanks

Hi Ram,

Just before arranging a meeting, we need to have a substantial clue of issue you are facing. Because we could not reproduce this issue (Viewer is not rendering documents as image in IE using 3.2.2 and 3.7.0 version of the API). Please share screen-cast of your project/environment covering following requirements/views:
  • Screen-cast the code you wrote specifically to render the documents
  • Compile project and show us IDE console view
  • Render document in IE and show browser view/logs
  • Show us security and privacy settings for your IE that may be preventing web calls
  • Tell us if there is any IE security restriction imposed
  • Also screen-cast the temp/cache folders
  • You environment is distributed ?
  • Rendering documents as HTML or Image ?
  • Show us when does IE render partial documents and when it doesn’t render documents at all in viewer.
Well, you mentioned following information in your earlier message:
When WebService call is successful, in case of IE, response is partial. While previewing the response in the developer console, partial image is shown. Where as in case of other browsers, complete image is shown in preview
That means, there is some issue with you IE configurations/security (make sure IE is not blocked by Firewall) that is preventing WebService calls and sometime calls are successful.

Kind regards

Hi Ram,

As Atir explains, phone support is only available to Enterprise Support customers. Phone support is one of the key differences between Priority Support (which I believe your company have subscribed to although this specific post is not logged under Priority Support) and Enterprise Support.

Although that is the case I’m not convinced a phone conversation would help speed this up as much as more detail on your issue.

While I understand you cannot provide the full project to us, can you create a small separate demo project with just the code which replicates your issue?

Thanks,