How to Add user defined Signature Field using a UI before sending

Hi,

I have been using GroupDocs product and its working fine with ease.Its moreover very promising to my every requirements.
Now my requirement has changed such that, the sender should be able to place/attach the signature field using a UI panel in a place where he/she wants, before sending the document.
Is there any way to achieve this requirement.

Please let me know on this.

Thank you

Regards,

Midhun krishnakv
Citrus Informatics Pvt. Ltd.
India.

Hi Midhun,

Thank you for the question. If I understand you correctly you need to move the signature field over the document i.e change its location, if yes than its possible - you should set lockDuringSign property of the SignatureEnvelopeFieldSettingsInfo class to false or if you create the envelop in the dashboard you should switch appropriate trigger of the field Screenshot by Lightshot .

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for the reply, this is some kind of what i want, but with a little modification that is, the sender should be able to move the signature field before sending, also he should be able to move it from the UI before sending, Since we are using the sdk for the document sending , so is it possible to move the field using a UI before sending the document.

Thanks

Regards,
Midhun Krishna kv

Hi again,

Thank you for coming back. When you will set the options mentioned in my previous post user will be able to move the signature field before signing and directly from the embeded Signature (iframe).

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for the response.I think you have misunderstood what i was saying.
What i want is that, the Sender should be able to move the signature field and Fix it in one place
not the Signer.The Signer should not move the Signature Field.
Is it possible for the Sender to move the signature field using UI, like uploading and adding recipients using the code and then adding signature field using ui not using code. Is there any way to achieve this.

Thank you

Regards
Midhun krishna kv
India.

Hi Midhun,

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately the only way to achieve this is to develop a custom workflow which will allow to Sender do that. For example you can try to do next:

1. After you have created an envelop, added recipients etc. you should add a callback URL (webhook) in the send envelop action as described here
2. In the action which will be called via the web hook you should view the envelop with not locked signature field (embed it in the iframe)
3. Sender move the field where it should be.
4. Call the modify field location action from the API. For example on mouse release call some action which will do this
5. And the final step - send the envelop to the signer.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you for the response and for the idea on how to achieve this feature. Also we would like to know if is there any way to get the current signature field location via any api. ?
Since after we move the signature field in the iframe, then the modify field location api needs the current or modifield field locations to be passed. So how to do this? like is there any way to get the current signature field location?

Thank you

Regards
Midhun krishna kv
India.

Hi Midhun,

Thank you for the question. Yes, its possible - please check this documentation

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you so much for the response. I was able to achieve the feature perfectly but
one issue i currently have is, is there any way to have multiple signature fields as per our requirements.?

Thank you

Regards
Midhun krishna kv

Hi Midhun,

Thank you for the question. Yes, you can add several signature fields by calling the add signature action as much as you need, the only thing you should note is that that you need to set different names for the fields.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Thank you very much, it worked, i am now able to create multiple signature fields, but the issue is even though i give different names for each field i try to create, all the fields take the name i give initially,(timestamp) making all the fields work as one, change in one field changes all fields.Why is this so?. Also how to give different names for each field.?
Again i would like to know if there is any way to type the signature along with the draw signature.?
Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

regards
Midhun krishna kv
India.

Hi Midhun,

Thank you for the question. Such behavior was made for the security reasons - one signer can’t have several or different signatures, if he sign the one field - all fields marked with this signer will be signed as one field. If you need to add several signature fields which will work separately you should add several recipients and for each of them add hes own signature field i.e. add recipient then add his signature field and after that repeat these steps but for different recipient (another email).

As for the type the signature along with the draw signature. - can you please explain this with more details, because commonly you can either draw or write the signature.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Oh ok And for the typing signature, in my case i can see only draw signature, i cant see any option for typing the signature. Why?
Also Pavel how to add text field into the document just like the way we add signature field.?
Please Help.

Thank you

Regards
Midhun krishna kv
India

Hi Pavel,
My requirement is to have both signature field as well as text field in a document. I was successful in adding the signature field, but how to add the text field into that document, so that clients can sign in the signature field and also type their name in the text field.
Please help me in this regard. Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Regards,
Midhun krishna kv

Hi Midhun,

Thank you for the questions. Please make sure that you have typed signature option enabled in your GroupDocs account settings as shown on this screenshot .

As for the text field - yes you can add it in the similar way as the signature field. First of all you need to get the signature field GUID - to get it you should use such API call with empty fieldGuid property, it will return a list of all possible fields with GUIDs (the text field is named as <span style=“background-color: rgb(252, 246, 219); font-family: “Anonymous Pro”, Menlo, Consolas, “Bitstream Vera Sans Mono”, “Courier New”, monospace; font-size: 0.9em;”>Single line text field). Then to add it you can follow this documentation and as the “Field Guid that should be added” property you should use the GUID which will get on a previous step.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,
Thank you very much for the response. I am now able to add text fields as well as signature fields.Now everything is going smoothly but all of a sudden i am now getting an error message " Fatal error: Uncaught ApiException: [500]:

A potentially dangerous Request.Path value was detected from the client (="...0c2af7fc17<br>/fields"). body {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size: .7em;color:black;} p {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;color:black;margin-top: -5px} b {font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:bold;color:black;margin-top: -5px} H1 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:18pt;color:red } H2 { font-family:"Verdana";font-weight:normal;font-size:14pt;color:maroon } pre {font-family:"Consolas","Lucida Console",Monospace;font-size:11pt;margin:0;padding:0.5em;line-height:14pt} .marker {font-weight: bold; color: black;text-decoration: none;} .version {color: gray;} .error {margin-bottom: 10px;} .expandable { text-decoration:un in C:\wamp64\www\groupdocs\groupdocs-javascript\examples\recommended\signature-doc-sdk\groupdocs\groupdocs-php\src\APIClient.php on line 237" while i was testing the api calls from a dummy application.
Why is it so?. Can you please help me solve this problem?
Thanks again!

Regards
Midhun krishna kv
India

Hi Midhun,

I’m sorry to hear that you have such issue. I have checked your account midhun.krishna@citrusinformatics.com logs and requests are successfull. Can you please share with me more info about failed requests: exact date and time , API call example and a screenshots of the issue.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel,
Can you please check on this account since this is the account i am using for testing groupdocs: mr.midhunkrishnakv@gmail.com for logs?

Thank you

regards
Midhun krishna kv

Hi again,

Thank you for the info. I found this failed request:
2017-02-06 12:45:34 172.31.23.77 GET /v2.0/signature/fbd1844a3f4af97b/envelopes/74cf6902704cbdc5e684890c2af7fc17
/

it seems that there is an extra “
” in envelope guid

Please make sure that the code which combines the API call data doesn’t add any extra data.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,
Thanks again, you were right there was an extra
tag that got into the envelope id.
Thank you very much for the correction.

Thank you

Regards
Midhun krishna kv