Issues GroupDocs.Viewer for .Net- Version 2.2

1. Issue: Possible Encoding Problem? I have *.msg Files that every line containing a special-character is truncated

2. Issue: Performance Problem? I have *.eml Files with a size of 9KB. The Viewer need 20 sec. to display. Server ist not overloaded and has enough Memory (128GB). Sometimes leads to Issue 3

3. Issue: Random exceptions: [DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\HiperCom2014\Web\Temp\temp\Cache\f9cb3535-aff8-47f5-8aff-54ff4748d5a3.eml” konnte nicht gefunden werden.]

System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) +359

System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1.CommonInit() +241 <br /> System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator1…ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost) +445

System.IO.Directory.EnumerateDirectories(String path) +70

Groupdocs.Storage.LocalFileStorage.ListEntities(String path) +27

..(String filePath, Boolean checkFileDateTime, Boolean ignoreDocumentAbsence) +256

..(String filePath, Boolean descForHtmlBasedEngine,  progressCallback,  openedDocument) +49

..(String filePath,  options, String outputFolderParam) +1419

..(String filePath,  options, String outputFolder) +317

Groupdocs.Web.UI.Handlers.ViewDocumentHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +3012

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Hi,

I’m sorry to hear that you have such issues. You use a very old version of the Viewer library - please migrate to the latest Viewer if possible. If you can’t migrate to the Viewer 3.0 for various reasons please at least update your library up to 2.19 version.

If you will have any issues or need help with migration - please create a new forum thread and mark it with 3.0 in the subject.

Best regards.

Thank for your post.

This is what is guessed…

2 questions:

- We have Version 2.2 is it a downgrade to 2.19?

- Costs for a 1 year subscription to Version 3.0

Best regards

Iganz

Hi Iganz,

Sorry but could you please specify a full version of the library that you use is it 2.2.0?
Price information you can find here.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel

Yes, it’s 2.2.0

Regards

Hi again,

Thank you. In such case your version is a seventeen versions behind of the 2.19 version.

Best regards.

Ok, i see. Thank you.

Am I entitled to upgrade to 2.19?

Regards

Ignaz

Hi Ignaz,

Yes, you can update your library up to 2.19.0 version, but since we have released a 3.0 version which have nothing with the 2.x version - its totally rebuilded and reconfigured the 2.x versions will not be released any more. Since that the best way is to migrate to the 3.0 version. For how to migrate you check our documentation .

Also could you please share with me example of your files with which you have these issues.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel

Thank you for your help.

I want first try to upgrade to 2.19 since it seems to me the least effort.

Is there a way to provide me this Version?

Best regards

Ignaz

Hi Ignaz,

Sure, you can download it here

Best regards.

Hi Pavel

Thank. you. I’ll try it and then give feedback.

Regards

Ignaz

Hi Ignaz,

I will wait for your feedback.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel

It looks more or less like the same.

Besides there is warning showing of an Evaluation Version.

I will do some more testing and get back to you with more detailed feedbacks.

Regards

Ignaz

Hi Ignaz,

Thank you for the information. Please share with me your code and files examples that I can reproduce the issue on my side.

Also make sure that in the run time your application uses the new version of the library - you can check it with such code line:
<%= typeof(Groupdocs.Web.UI.Viewer).Assembly.GetName().Version.ToString() %>

if the version will not be a 2.19 then clean the cache and rebuild the application.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel

The Version showed is: 2.19.0.10089

It works most of the time but I still got random exceptions:

Serverfehler in der Anwendung /.

Ein Teil des Pfades “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\HiperCom2014\Web\Temp\temp\Cache\624eb334-38be-4d59-bc1a-6efc9dfbde50.eml” konnte nicht gefunden werden.

Beschreibung: Unbehandelte Ausnahme beim Ausführen der aktuellen Webanforderung. Überprüfen Sie die Stapelüberwachung, um weitere Informationen über diesen Fehler anzuzeigen und festzustellen, wo der Fehler im Code verursacht wurde.

Ausnahmedetails: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\HiperCom2014\Web\Temp\temp\Cache\624eb334-38be-4d59-bc1a-6efc9dfbde50.eml” konnte nicht gefunden werden.

Quellfehler:

Beim Ausführen der aktuellen Webanforderung wurde einen unbehandelte Ausnahme generiert. Informationen über den Ursprung und die Position der Ausnahme können mit der Ausnahmestapelüberwachung angezeigt werden.

Stapelüberwachung:

[DirectoryNotFoundException: Ein Teil des Pfades “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\HiperCom2014\Web\Temp\temp\Cache\624eb334-38be-4d59-bc1a-6efc9dfbde50.eml” konnte nicht gefunden werden.]

Groupdocs.Web.UI.Handlers.BaseAspNetHandler.OnException(Exception exception, HttpContext context) +406

Groupdocs.Web.UI.Handlers.BaseAspNetHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +55

System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341

System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69

Versionsinformationen: Microsoft .NET Framework-Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET-Version:4.0.30319.34274

Regards

Ignaz

Hi Pavel

The code is simple. I attached it.

Regards

Ignaz

Hi Ignaz,

Thank you for this information. Could you please share with me example of your code and files that you try to view when you get this error.

Thank you.

Hi again,

Thank you for the example code. Could you please also share with me code of the Viewer initialization, if possible you can share example project which I can run and debug on my side and help you to resolve the issue.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel

The init is done in the Global.asax:

Sub Application_Start(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)

’ Wird beim Start der Anwendung ausgelöst

Viewer.EnableFileListRequestHandling(True)

Viewer.SetLicensePath(Server.MapPath("~" & cConfiguration.GetBaseUrl() & “GroupDocs.Viewer.for.NET.lic”))

End Sub

Regards

Ignaz

Hi again,

In the initialize code you have missed SetRootStoragePasth. Please use this example:

Viewer.SetRootStoragePath(<path to the directory where you will store your documents and the Viewer’s image cache>);

Best regards.