Need javascript version for document-annotation

Hi,
The sample application “GitHub - groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET-MVC-App: Outdated” is using angular which is unknown to me. Do we have simple jquery version of this application in MVC?

I have to build a project having most of the features as shown in “Containerize.IdentityServer - Single sign-on to access all applications and services of Aspose Pty Ltd.”.

Thanks

@Niteen_Jadhav,

Thanks for your inquiry. Please explore this front end, It is developed in ASP.NET MVC with jQuery. You can easily run the front end following the given steps:

• Extract the downloaded project, open the solution file in Visual Studio
  • Right click on solution and press Enable NuGet package Restore
  • Update API license path in AnnotationController.cs class
  • Build the project
  • Run example project

Moreover, this showcase is open-source, you may enhance it to any extent or as per your use-case.

Please note that you can get help from this showcase project. But its been obsolete (not supported and maintained anymore).

I have purchased licenses for document viewer for now and will be purchasing the license for annotation also in coming months. Here i see that for annotation a different control is used for demo. In my project i am currently using “viewer” component and tomorrow after by buying annotation licenses, Will i have to re-write my code to implement the annotation feature. My current project code is based on sample code in “GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-MVC-master”. Is there any way i can used the same code to implement annotation features also with little changes.

Please suggest and guide as i will need to implement both the features in my project but i cannot use annotation component right now as i don’t have the license for it.

Thanks

@Niteen_Jadhav,

Please note that GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET implements some features of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET within. Such as rendering of documents. Hence, you can render documents as image and annotate them using annotation API.

Secondly, both APIs can be integrated in a single project. You can render documents using Viewer and annotate them using Annotation API.
But you can only annotate documents that are supported by the annotation API.

You can implement annotation API in the same project. But you have to undergo a lot of changes at UI level. Such as implementation of drawing tool in order to draw annotation and API will work at the back-end.
Furthermore, we’d recommend you to explore this showcase project and see how to implement annotations.

Do we have a demo application with combined features of

1. GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET-MVC-App
  2. GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-MVC-App
    The sole reason of buying the licenses was to have integrated features of above 2 in one demo app which i can modify to add other core functionalities of my project.
    It would be really helpfull if you can point me to such a demo app.

@Niteen_Jadhav,

Please refer to this response, you may get help. GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET implements some features of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET within and this is also demonstrated in GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET-MVC-App demo.

We don’t have such application/project that implements complete features of both projects. But these both projects are open source. So, you may enhance them to any extent as per your requirements.

Can you please point me to angularjs version of GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-MVC-App.

no need i got it https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-MVC-App

@Niteen_Jadhav,

Alright.

Hi,

I have downloaded the annotation demo app GitHub - groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET-MVC-App: Outdated.

But even after following all the steps mentioned to Run the app, its throwing object reference error when ever i try to add any annotation and click on save icon.

ReplyController → Post →
AnnotationReplyInfo info = JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(new StreamReader(Request.InputStream).ReadToEnd()) as AnnotationReplyInfo; ;
EditReplyResult result = imageHandler.EditAnnotationReply(guid, info.Message);
Error is on second line. actually because info is null.

Please help me in making the demo app runnable.

@Niteen_Jadhav,

This issue is logged here. Once we have any update on it, we’ll notify you.

Why this issue is not getting resolved. My project is getting delayed bcoz of this.

@Niteen_Jadhav,

We are still investigating this issue. We’ll surely update you, as we have any further update on it. Your patience in this regard will be appreciated.

Was happy to see the following demo GitHub - groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET-MVC: Moved to https://github.com/groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET/tree/master/Demos/MVC. Though maybe this will help me to build by annotation project. But this also dosent works. Annotation features are not working. Nothing happens on click on annotation tools.

@Niteen_Jadhav,

In order to investigate this issue, we need following details form you:

• Problematic file
  • Browser you use and its version

Please specify the details and we will be glad to help you.

Google Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100
Document Attached.PRMA.zip (53.4 KB)

1. After selecting the annotation tool i am not able to draw it with mouse.
  2. I am able to draw it with screen touch but after that i get stucked in the comments sections.
  3. Also once any tool is selected and we draw something, we cannot switch to any other tool also.
  4. I also tried in Edge browser where drawing with mouse is working but again tool gets stucked and i am not able to change it to another tool.

@Niteen_Jadhav,

We are investigating your issue and we will get back to you after completing the investigation. Your cooperation in this regard will be highly appreciated.

@Niteen_Jadhav,

We are unable to reproduce your reported issues regarding tools at our end, in Chrome 69.0.3497.100 and Microsoft Edge 41.16299.15.0. All the tools are working as expected, in both browsers. Please see the attached screenshots(Chrome.png and Edge.png) for further reference.
We would recommend you to clear Temp folder in storage directory and your browser’s cache and check again.

Please refer to this response, we are investigating this issue and we,ll get back to you as we have any further update on it.

Hi,

The snapshot you attahced is of some other demo project. i am referring to the demo project “GitHub - groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET-MVC: Moved to https://github.com/groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET/tree/master/Demos/MVC”. This is the snapshot of the running application Chrome_16-10-2018.png (209.6 KB). This project has the issues mentioned earlier.

Till date haven’t got a single proper annotation demo project which i can use as a base for building my application. we paid a heavy fees for the licenses and still we are stuck with all these issues.

Why cant i get a code of the demo app under “GroupDocs App” which i saw before buying the licenses.

@Niteen_Jadhav,

We have fixed the issues you reported and updated the project. Please download the latest version and run it following the given steps:

• Extract the downloaded project, open the solution file in Visual Studio
  • Right click on solution and press Enable NuGet package Restore
  • Update parameters in web.config to meet your requirements.
  • Build the project
  • Run example project
  • Go to http://localhost:{PORT}/annotation. (by default localhost))
  • Add Annotation using the tools from the left side of the application
  • Add comment against each annotation, otherwise document will not be saved
  • Save the comment
  • Save document using the save button at upper dashboard
  • Annotated document will be saved in the Annotated directory