Remove digital signature based on certificate file in .NET

Hi,

I found delete signature API documentation for image signature and text signature types but could not find the remove/delete API for the “Digital signatures based on certificate files” type. Can you please help me with that? Is it possible at all? If yes please help me with any implementation link/API documentation(Dot Net)?

@abhratanu

We’re looking into this scenario. Your investigation ticket ID is SIGNATURENET-3231. You’ll be notified in case of any progress update.

1 Like

Hi,
Any update on this?

@abhratanu

We have an update on SIGNATURENET-3231. Please have a look at this release note and following code snippets:

Please note that this feature is only for PDF file format for now.

1 Like

@Atir_Tahir Thanks for this. Can I expect it to be implemented for the other formats too specifically for word and excel?

@abhratanu

We’re looking into this possibility. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

1 Like

@Atir_Tahir
This is not working. I used Delete digital signature after search. It is showing failed=1,succeeded=0 without showing any error. I have attached the screenshot for the signature(signaturesToDelete) attributes found in quick watch. Kindly advice.Untitled.png (28.9 KB)

@abhratanu

We are investigating this scenario. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

@Atir_Tahir Any update on this?

@abhratanu

Please have a look at the source and output.zip (245.9 KB) files. The sample file has a digital signatures but using this code, we could remove the signatures, you can see in the output PDF.
Please note that:

• Delete operation works with same original file that was passed as input
  • Ensure that the source file is not blocked and check Digital Signatures are properly applied
  • You are using latest API version (20.11)

If you still face same issue, please share a sample application along with source and output files.

1 Like

@Atir_Tahir

In case of Delete digital signature by ID I am not getting the same signature id that was created although I sent the same signed pdf as source to delete. I am not sure if that is the reason Delete digital signature by ID is not working. Can you please help? Please note that I used the same approach for passing the signed pdf to delete as I used in “Delete digital signature after search” and it worked

e.g. below I found signature id =“xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx”(after the signature)

SignResult result = signature1.Sign(streamofoutput, options);
str = result.Succeeded[0].SignatureId;
using (streamofoutput)
{
signedPdfdata = streamToByteArray(streamofoutput);
}
return signedPdfdata ;

But here below the currentsignatures are showing different id(yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy)

public void DeleteDigitalById(byte[] signedPdfdata ,string str)
{
string outputFilePath = ByteArrayToPdf.SavePdfTemp(signedPdfdata );
using (Signature signature = new Signature(outputFilePath))
{
List currentsignatures = signature.Search(SignatureType.Digital);
string[] signatureIdList = new string[]
{
str
};

List<BaseSignature> signatures = new List<BaseSignature>();
            signatureIdList.ToList().ForEach(p => signatures.Add(new DigitalSignature(p)));

DeleteResult deleteResult = signature.Delete(signatures);
            if (deleteResult.Succeeded.Count == signatures.Count)
            {
                Console.WriteLine("All signatures were successfully deleted!");
            }
            else
            {
                Console.WriteLine($"Successfully deleted signatures : {deleteResult.Succeeded.Count}");

}
1 Like

@abhratanu

We’re investigating this scenario. You’ll be notified as there’s any progress update.

@Atir_Tahir

Any update on this?

@abhratanu

This scenario is still under investigation. However, we soon will share a working example or code snippet with you.

@Atir_Tahir

Any update on this?

@abhratanu

While compiling a sample application for you, we reproduced this issue. However, we’ve logged it with ID SIGNATURENET-3234 and now working on the fix. You’ll be notified as we’ve any progress update.

1 Like

@Atir_Tahir

It would be helpful if you could kindly provide a tentative timeline if possible as the client is continuously following me up.

1 Like

@abhratanu

As there’s further progress in the investigation, we’ll share an ETA with you.

1 Like

@Atir_Tahir Any update on this?

@abhratanu

Your reported issue SIGNATURENET-3234 will be fixed sometime in next week. We’ll notify you as the release gets on-board.