Word to PPTX conversion does not preserve Hyperlinks in C#

Have tried to convert from DOCX where an image has a hyperlink, but while the layout is correct in the converted PPTX the hyperlink is lost. How do I convert and make sure I keep any hyperlinks

1 Like

@ChrisDinetM

Could you please share the problematic file, also specify the API version (e.g. 21.1) and variant (e.g. Java or .NET) that you are using?

Here is my input file

https://1drv.ms/w/s!AhhDAsBLrPCphp1U69BeXKHA2pdvhg?e=CgEhKP

Here is what comes out with this code:

using (Converter converter = new Converter(textEdit1.Text))
        {
            string pptFile = textEdit1.Text.Split('.')[0] + ".pptx";
            var convertOptions = converter.GetPossibleConversions()["pptx"].ConvertOptions;

converter.Convert(pptFile, convertOptions);
            Process.Start(pptFile);
        }

https://1drv.ms/p/s!AhhDAsBLrPCpiJMtrLIaWsyEVn42BQ?e=6lRKZ3

1 Like

Am using the latest verion .net, that is 21.8

1 Like

@ChrisDinetM

This issue is reproduced at our end. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID CONVERSIONNET-4812. It’ll be now further investigated. You’ll be notified about the outcomes.

Is there any known workaround. For example convert to another format first, and then to PPTX?

@ChrisDinetM

I’m afraid but there’s no such a workaround. Whenever, a source file (e.g. Word, PDF) with hyperlink(s) is converted to a Slide/Presentation, the resultant Slide doesn’t preserve those hyperlink(s).

Any idea how long it will take to fix? This is the key feature for my useage of the API

@ChrisDinetM

We cannot share any ETA at the moment. This issue is still under investigation. Sooner, you’ll be notified about the outcomes.

Does this currently work using the Word and Slides API’s from Aspose? Or its not working there as well?

@ChrisDinetM

There is no direct Word to Presentation conversion in Aspose.Words or Slides APIs.

but here is an example - Convert DOCX to PPT via C# .NET or with free Online Converter | products.aspose.com

However when I try to use it, at

// Load the content of the Word document to a Presentation
var pptPresentation = new Aspose.Slides.Presentation(stream);

It comes up with an error about unknown format, even though I follow the code example - so couldn’t fully test

@ChrisDinetM

We’ve created a thread in Aspose forum on your behalf. You will be further assisted here.

Shall I request a refund or how long should I wait for the fix?

We are still investigating this issue. You’ll be notified about the outcomes ASAP.

Thanks, the problem is, I am under some pressure to get my project finished, and understood your component would work for PPT but it doesn’t currently due to the hyperlinks being lost. If you need me to test a build, please let me know.

@ChrisDinetM

As the fix or the pre-release is available, we’ll let you know.

Can you confirm where you are getting to regarding this fix please

@ChrisDinetM

We’re still working on the fix. As there’s any ETA of the release, you’ll be notified.

Then I request a refund. When its ready I will buy it again.

Thanks,

Chris