Word to PPTX conversion does not preserve Hyperlinks in C#

@ChrisDinetM

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. Please raise this request on our purchase forum. You’ll be further assisted there.

Thanks for your support, I await with keen interest the fix. So I can become a customer again.

1 Like

@ChrisDinetM

Sure, we’ll let you know as there is any progress update.

Has there been any progress on this?

1 Like

@ChrisDinetM

This issue is still under progress.

Any more news on this issue please?

@ChrisDinetM

As there’s any ETA of fix, we’ll let you know.

Doing my regular follow up to see if there is any progress on this

1 Like

@ChrisDinetM

We’re still working on this issue. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

I know you will notify, but just checking in. I would be happy to look myself at the source code if its c#, I am sure it could be sorted. There are plenty of services online that work.

@ChrisDinetM

The issue was in back-end API and we’re already fixing that.

As its been 2 1/2 months from the original report, just wondered if this will be done this year or not?

@ChrisDinetM

If nothing goes wrong (no unexpected error or exception occurs), the fix is expected in API version 21.11. We’ll notify you as we have any further updates.

Can you send me a copy to test please?

@ChrisDinetM

At this point, we can’t. However, we’ll let you know the ETA of release ASAP.

I saw it was released in Nuget but it still doesnt maintain hyperlinks in images from Docs to PPTX

//Convert to PPTX
        string result = Path.GetTempPath();
        richEditControl.SaveDocument(result + "\\output.doc", DocumentFormat.Doc);
        // load the HTML file
        // Process.Start(result + "\\output.doc");
        var converter = new GroupDocs.Conversion.Converter(result + "\\output.doc");
        // set the convert options for PPT format
        var convertOptions = converter.GetPossibleConversions()["ppt"].ConvertOptions;
        // convert to PPT format
        converter.Convert("output.ppt", convertOptions);
        Process.Start("output.ppt");

@ChrisDinetM

Unfortunately, this issue was not resolved in 21.11. We are still working on the fix.

What a shame, quite disappointed. But hope you work out the solution some time soon.

@ChrisDinetM

Yes, we are already investigating it. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

@ChrisDinetM

Your reported issue CONVERSIONNET-4812 is fixed in API version 22.1. As release is available to download, we’ll notify you.