Word to PPTX conversion does not preserve Hyperlinks in C#

@ChrisDinetM

Unfortunately, this issue was not resolved in 21.11. We are still working on the fix.

What a shame, quite disappointed. But hope you work out the solution some time soon.

@ChrisDinetM

Yes, we are already investigating it. You’ll be notified in case of any update.

@ChrisDinetM

Your reported issue CONVERSIONNET-4812 is fixed in API version 22.1. As release is available to download, we’ll notify you.

That is awesome, can’t wait to check it out.

1 Like

@ChrisDinetM

Yes, we’ll let you know once 22.1 is available to download.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-4812) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov

Images do not retain hyperlinks. Not in my testing. I will continue to check during the day, but not working so far.

@ChrisDinetM

We cannot reproduce this issue at our end. Please have a look at this output.zip (24.9 KB)
generated using latest version of the API or this screenshot.png (34.2 KB).

Can you give me the code snippet used to create.

Thanks,

Chris

@ChrisDinetM

It’s quite simple:

using (Converter converter = new GroupDocs.Conversion.Converter(@"D:/test.docx"))
{
      converter.Convert(@"D:/presentation.pptx", new PresentationConvertOptions());
}

Could you please share your console application?

ok that seems to be working fine. Not sure, maybe there are some images where it is not working right. But I need to repurchase the license.

@ChrisDinetM

Please share those images and we’ll investigate them as well.

HTML to PPTX doesnt do anything with things like iframe video content

Example

@ChrisDinetM

Could you please share the sample HTML and expected output?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wD2aV7YUZVw" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would expect to see the video embeded in the ppt

@ChrisDinetM

We are investigating this scenario with ticket ID CONVERSIONNET-5397. Your will be notified in case of any update.

5 posts were split to a new topic: HTML to Presentation conversion

Why has there been no update.

@ChrisDinetM

This is a very specific conversion and there is no straight forward solution for it. We will investigate how this result can be achieved, but for the moment it’s not possible due to the external video resource.